Janrain Unveils Frictionless Facebook Sharing Tool; TMZ is a Customer
PORTLAND, OR (October 4, 2012) – Janrain, the leading provider of User Management solutions for the social web, today announced the availability of one-click sharing, the ability for consumers to contextually share activities from a brand’s website automatically or with a single click.
TMZ is among the customers using the offering, according to a Janrain spokesperson.
Built using Facebook’s Open Graph technology, one-click sharing allows brands to dramatically increase exposure of website content within Facebook and drive referral traffic while addressing key privacy concerns Facebook users have expressed over automatic sharing from social readers. Janrain’s one-click sharing puts users in direct control of how they share stories and other content with transparent messaging, the option to turn auto-share on or off at any time, and a countdown timer for auto shares.
“Social readers are a step forward in allowing consumers to easily share interesting content from across the web, but unfortunately the current crop has seen a backlash from users who don’t always understand that they are giving a website access to post about their activity online to their Facebook wall,” said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. “Our one-click sharing feature addresses those privacy concerns, putting the user in control of when and how they share stories, reviews, purchases, and other content.”
Consumers benefit with Janrain’s one-click sharing feature from a clear call to action; they can share one story or toggle auto sharing on or off at any point. If they chose to opt-in to auto sharing, each future story they read will feature a countdown timer before the content is automatically shared and users can choose not to push that story to Facebook during the countdown. Brands are able to control the length of the time delay through the widget’s configurable share bar.
Once a story has been shared to Facebook, any Facebook user who clicks on the link will be taken directly to that content. There are no authenticated referrals or interstitials that require a user to grant frictionless sharing permissions when they simply want to view the content. Janrain’s one-click sharing functionality solves the key challenges that have led to consumer dissatisfaction with social readers.
Janrain customers that have enabled one-click sharing features on their site to increase the volume and exposure of their content on Facebook are benefitting from offering a more contextual sharing experience for website visitors that puts them in control.
One-click sharing is the latest addition to the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP), which comprises core products for social login and sharing, social profile data storage and utilization, registration and single sign-on. For more information, visit: http://www.janrain.com.
Leave a Comment
Janrain Unveils Frictionless Facebook Sharing Tool; TMZ is a CustomerPORTLAND, OR (October 4, 2012) – Janrain, the leading provider of User Management solutions for the social web, today announced [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]