Janrain Unveils Frictionless Facebook Sharing Tool; TMZ is a Customer
PORTLAND, OR (October 4, 2012) – Janrain, the leading provider of User Management solutions for the social web, today announced the availability of one-click sharing, the ability for consumers to contextually share activities from a brand’s website automatically or with a single click.
TMZ is among the customers using the offering, according to a Janrain spokesperson.
Built using Facebook’s Open Graph technology, one-click sharing allows brands to dramatically increase exposure of website content within Facebook and drive referral traffic while addressing key privacy concerns Facebook users have expressed over automatic sharing from social readers. Janrain’s one-click sharing puts users in direct control of how they share stories and other content with transparent messaging, the option to turn auto-share on or off at any time, and a countdown timer for auto shares.
“Social readers are a step forward in allowing consumers to easily share interesting content from across the web, but unfortunately the current crop has seen a backlash from users who don’t always understand that they are giving a website access to post about their activity online to their Facebook wall,” said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. “Our one-click sharing feature addresses those privacy concerns, putting the user in control of when and how they share stories, reviews, purchases, and other content.”
Consumers benefit with Janrain’s one-click sharing feature from a clear call to action; they can share one story or toggle auto sharing on or off at any point. If they chose to opt-in to auto sharing, each future story they read will feature a countdown timer before the content is automatically shared and users can choose not to push that story to Facebook during the countdown. Brands are able to control the length of the time delay through the widget’s configurable share bar.
Once a story has been shared to Facebook, any Facebook user who clicks on the link will be taken directly to that content. There are no authenticated referrals or interstitials that require a user to grant frictionless sharing permissions when they simply want to view the content. Janrain’s one-click sharing functionality solves the key challenges that have led to consumer dissatisfaction with social readers.
Janrain customers that have enabled one-click sharing features on their site to increase the volume and exposure of their content on Facebook are benefitting from offering a more contextual sharing experience for website visitors that puts them in control.
One-click sharing is the latest addition to the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP), which comprises core products for social login and sharing, social profile data storage and utilization, registration and single sign-on. For more information, visit: http://www.janrain.com.
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]