Janrain Unveils Frictionless Facebook Sharing Tool; TMZ is a Customer
PORTLAND, OR (October 4, 2012) – Janrain, the leading provider of User Management solutions for the social web, today announced the availability of one-click sharing, the ability for consumers to contextually share activities from a brand’s website automatically or with a single click.
TMZ is among the customers using the offering, according to a Janrain spokesperson.
Built using Facebook’s Open Graph technology, one-click sharing allows brands to dramatically increase exposure of website content within Facebook and drive referral traffic while addressing key privacy concerns Facebook users have expressed over automatic sharing from social readers. Janrain’s one-click sharing puts users in direct control of how they share stories and other content with transparent messaging, the option to turn auto-share on or off at any time, and a countdown timer for auto shares.
“Social readers are a step forward in allowing consumers to easily share interesting content from across the web, but unfortunately the current crop has seen a backlash from users who don’t always understand that they are giving a website access to post about their activity online to their Facebook wall,” said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. “Our one-click sharing feature addresses those privacy concerns, putting the user in control of when and how they share stories, reviews, purchases, and other content.”
Consumers benefit with Janrain’s one-click sharing feature from a clear call to action; they can share one story or toggle auto sharing on or off at any point. If they chose to opt-in to auto sharing, each future story they read will feature a countdown timer before the content is automatically shared and users can choose not to push that story to Facebook during the countdown. Brands are able to control the length of the time delay through the widget’s configurable share bar.
Once a story has been shared to Facebook, any Facebook user who clicks on the link will be taken directly to that content. There are no authenticated referrals or interstitials that require a user to grant frictionless sharing permissions when they simply want to view the content. Janrain’s one-click sharing functionality solves the key challenges that have led to consumer dissatisfaction with social readers.
Janrain customers that have enabled one-click sharing features on their site to increase the volume and exposure of their content on Facebook are benefitting from offering a more contextual sharing experience for website visitors that puts them in control.
One-click sharing is the latest addition to the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP), which comprises core products for social login and sharing, social profile data storage and utilization, registration and single sign-on. For more information, visit: http://www.janrain.com.
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial