Infolinks Names Dave Zinman CEO, Aims to Fix ‘Broken’ Display Ad Industry
PALO ALTO, CALIF. (October 15, 2012) — Infolinks, a global leader in monetizing digital advertising for publishers, brands and their agencies, today launched Infolinks In3, a new suite of real time intent-based advertising products that creates new revenue opportunities for website publishers and maximizes returns for advertisers. Simultaneously, Infolinks announced Dave Zinman as its chief executive officer. Zinman is the former GM of Display at Yahoo! and is credited as co-inventor of the ad server.
Despite reports projecting an increase in display advertising, industry growth rates are expected to decline over time. Infolinks is advocating for more creative solutions to address key challenges as online content consumption continues to grow and as larger percentages of ad budgets shift to online channels. But to accelerate the migration of dollars from traditional media to digital, banner blindness and declining engagement metrics must be overcome.
“Online display advertising is fundamentally broken,” says Zinman. “Site visitors rarely notice ads, there are too many and most are irrelevant. Engagement metrics are down. Banner blindness is killing the golden goose. This is the reason I’ve joined Infolinks. The In3 platform was developed expressly to deliver high-performing, creative solutions. In fact, Infolinks ads have been shown to deliver 30 times the engagement rate of standard IAB units.”
In3 Delivers New Revenue Opportunities for Publishers, Higher Engagement for Advertisers
The In3 platform addresses the “elephant in the room” of online advertising by introducing clean ad units that appear in unexpected but sensible spots on the page. The suite includes four ad units that target user intent and drive engagement in creative ways:
- InFrame capitalizes on expanding screen widths by monetizing unused margin space, framing publisher sites with contextually relevant display ads that remain stationary even as users scroll down pages.
- InSearch ads only appear when needed, introducing visitors who have arrived via a search to an unobtrusive overlay featuring messaging directly relevant to their query. Effectively, it is display advertising with search relevance.
- InTag recognizes the most valuable keywords relevant to a publisher’s content and displays them in an attractive tag cloud.
- InText highlights valuable keywords within a publisher’s content, inviting readers to interact with relevant brand messages and click to learn more.
With this diversity of ad units, all configurable by publishers to fit their sites, Infolinks is creating fresh incremental revenue opportunities for publishers of all sizes, and high-engagement advertising opportunities for marketers that target real-time user intent. All of these units are sold on a CPC basis.
Top 100 Publishers ChaCha and Investopedia Increase Revenue with In3
ChaCha is the leading, free, real-time answers service that has emerged as the #1 way for advertisers and marketers to reach and engage with the audience of their choice anytime, anywhere. Through its unique “ask-a-smart-friend” platform, ChaCha has answered over one billion questions since launch from more than 32 million unique users per month, and is ranked among comScore™’s top 100 websites. ChaCha was seeking to monetize their organic search traffic, but were reluctant to introduce new ad units to their pages. Infolinks addressed their needs by generating a highly targeted ad tailored to a user’s intent at that moment.
“Display ads may solve some problems for publishers, but we need to create new revenue opportunities without disrupting the customer experience or devaluing advertiser ROI,” notes Shawn Schwegman, CMO of ChaCha. “Infolinks targets our visitors’ current intent, which makes the ads relevant for them and more effective for our advertisers. Engagement rates have increased dramatically since we began our program with Infolinks.”
Investopedia, a premiere resource for online investors, is benefitting greatly since implementing Infolinks In3. “As a site that sees six million unique visitors per month, Investopedia was seeking an additional revenue source for our organic search traffic, which we rely heavily upon,” said Mark Ly, VP of Operations and Technology, Investopedia.com, a ValueClick company. “Incorporating Infolinks into our website was extremely easy and requires very little maintenance. The ads are very engaging and tailored to a particular visitor’s intent at that very moment. We were able to boost our eCPMs from that location by 100% since implementing Infolinks and would strongly recommend it to other website publishers.”
Infolinks is a global advertising company that makes sense of digital advertising for publishers, agencies and brands. Its In3 platform powers a suite of intent-based advertising products, including InFrame, InSearch, InTag and InText. The products overcome banner blindness to create new revenue opportunities for publishers, while improving results for advertisers. In3 powers the fourth largest publisher marketplace in the world, analyzing over one trillion words a month in real time and driving revenue for over 100,000 sites in 128 countries. Infolinks is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with R&D out of Tel Aviv, Israel. Visit Infolinks at www.infolinks.com, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Might Have Been Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Sprint and DigitasLBi Develop First-of-its-Kind Gesture-Based Retail Experience December 5th 2013 CHICAGO, December 05, 2013 (ADOTAS) — DigitasLBi, a global marketing [...] more »
- The Exchange Lab Secures $8 Million in Growth Capital Funding From BGF December 5th 2013 LONDON, NEW YORK & TORONTO, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The [...] more »
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig