Global Performance Marketing Success: Are You Prepared?
Recently, big data analytics has received a lot of attention from CMOs at large global brands — and rightly so. Executives at companies that invest heavily in digital marketing realize they need new software solutions that can handle and provide actionable insights from the massive amount of data that channels such as social and mobile continue to fuel at break neck speeds. But is there more to this story than analytics?
Recent figures from the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) cited that performance-based advertising accounted for nearly 65 percent of total online ad dollars in 2011. As performance-based campaigns continue to gain significant traction, global brands are laser focused on multi-channel attribution i.e., using analytics to determine what channels actually drive sales. Is it search? Affiliate? Display? Is it a combination of all three? Once marketers determine this, they can then appropriately allocate budgets to maximize ROI.
There’s no doubt the ability for marketers to centralize big data analysis is important to the success of performance marketing — in fact, it’s critical. Global brands are looking for enterprise software companies to provide flexible tracking solutions, centralized real time reporting, customization and architectures built at an API level. However, with performance partners driving sales for them all over the world, brands (and in many cases, ad agencies, which is an entire topic in itself) are also looking for value-added capabilities beyond analytics, such as global integration, training, tech support and financial services.
For the most part, an enterprise software platform can be applied to any market. A simple analogy is that a computer solves an equation the same way in New York, as it does in New Delhi. An organization can choose best-in-breed software that is task specific, but the question becomes: how do we plug it into a global structure and provide training and tech support for our employees? Valuable solutions go beyond a general instruction manual, but instead provide a brand with the ability to translate their CMO dashboard into any language and receive in-person training and ongoing tech support from real people who are fluent in local languages.
As with all business objectives, the goals of performance marketing are to increase sales and reduce costs. Brands are also discovering that access to financial services and a hands- on finance team through their performance marketing software provider is another way to achieve these objectives. Again, brands that need to pay performance partners located all over the world can increase ROI with the ability to offer faster, flexible payment terms and pay their partners in local currencies. Just as with data analytics, customization is key. Financial services that brands can customize to how they want to pay partners and bill vendors in different countries provide the greatest value.
The performance marketing landscape continues to evolve, and brands increasingly look to execute strategies and tactics on a global level. CMOs must continuously think about both data analytics and global services such as integration, training, tech support and finance. On the data side, “prediction” is a term bubbling up in the industry, as brands look to understand how enterprise solutions can actually help optimize performance-marketing campaigns and not just analyze data. From the services side, brands will increasingly look for tools that fit into their business model — not the other way around. Combined, these two changing trends will help build long-term performance marketing and overall business success for global brands.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]