Election 2012: By the Digital Numbers
Taykey has issued the following social stats on Wednesday’s opening presidential debate:
- Of the people who declared one candidate the winner, Romney came up as the winner by a 6-to-1 margin.
- Romney had twice the average positive sentiment than Obama.
- Despite this, people expressing who they are going to vote for choose Obama 3-to-1.
* * * * * * * *
A new Quinnipiac University survey of 923 likely voters commissioned by AdTheorent, a mobile RTB-based network, found that:
- 81 percent of respondents use a mobile device to keep up with political news.
- 75 percent said they would vote via a mobile app if the technology existed.
- 51 percent of smartphone users identified themselves as Democrats, 30 percent as Independents, 15 percent as Republicans, and 4 percent as Other.
- As far as mobile devices, Android was the popular choice with 39 percent, followed by iPhone with 30 percent, and then iPad with 9 percent.
* * * * * * * *
- Earlier this week, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) released timely findings from the “Elections 2012 and Political Ad Spend Survey,” conducted in collaboration with Campaigns & Elections Magazine. The results show an increase in political ad spending across digital platforms, while also revealing political consultants’ appetite for more precise measurement and analytics tools. In tandem, the IAB Data Council unveiled an in-depth white paper entitled “Election 2012: Big Data Delivers on Campaign Promise,” which demonstrates that highly effective microtargeting is playing an increasingly vital role within political campaigning. Both the IAB survey and whitepaper were released at the IAB MIXX Conference in New York City. To download the complete findings from the survey and/or the white paper, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]