Election 2012: By the Digital Numbers
Taykey has issued the following social stats on Wednesday’s opening presidential debate:
- Of the people who declared one candidate the winner, Romney came up as the winner by a 6-to-1 margin.
- Romney had twice the average positive sentiment than Obama.
- Despite this, people expressing who they are going to vote for choose Obama 3-to-1.
* * * * * * * *
A new Quinnipiac University survey of 923 likely voters commissioned by AdTheorent, a mobile RTB-based network, found that:
- 81 percent of respondents use a mobile device to keep up with political news.
- 75 percent said they would vote via a mobile app if the technology existed.
- 51 percent of smartphone users identified themselves as Democrats, 30 percent as Independents, 15 percent as Republicans, and 4 percent as Other.
- As far as mobile devices, Android was the popular choice with 39 percent, followed by iPhone with 30 percent, and then iPad with 9 percent.
* * * * * * * *
- Earlier this week, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) released timely findings from the “Elections 2012 and Political Ad Spend Survey,” conducted in collaboration with Campaigns & Elections Magazine. The results show an increase in political ad spending across digital platforms, while also revealing political consultants’ appetite for more precise measurement and analytics tools. In tandem, the IAB Data Council unveiled an in-depth white paper entitled “Election 2012: Big Data Delivers on Campaign Promise,” which demonstrates that highly effective microtargeting is playing an increasingly vital role within political campaigning. Both the IAB survey and whitepaper were released at the IAB MIXX Conference in New York City. To download the complete findings from the survey and/or the white paper, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Corp. Relaunches Meredith.com With New Dynamic Responsive Design
- Sizmek Presents Ads Of The Week: January 19th – January 23rd
- BrightRoll Insights Introduces Advanced Research and Reporting for Programmatic Video
- Taykey Raises $15 Million In Latest Funding Round, Brings Total Funding Up To $32 Million To Date
- Digimind Partners with Hootsuite to Provide Powerful Social Listening and Engagement Platform