Election 2012: By the Digital Numbers
Taykey has issued the following social stats on Wednesday’s opening presidential debate:
- Of the people who declared one candidate the winner, Romney came up as the winner by a 6-to-1 margin.
- Romney had twice the average positive sentiment than Obama.
- Despite this, people expressing who they are going to vote for choose Obama 3-to-1.
* * * * * * * *
A new Quinnipiac University survey of 923 likely voters commissioned by AdTheorent, a mobile RTB-based network, found that:
- 81 percent of respondents use a mobile device to keep up with political news.
- 75 percent said they would vote via a mobile app if the technology existed.
- 51 percent of smartphone users identified themselves as Democrats, 30 percent as Independents, 15 percent as Republicans, and 4 percent as Other.
- As far as mobile devices, Android was the popular choice with 39 percent, followed by iPhone with 30 percent, and then iPad with 9 percent.
* * * * * * * *
- Earlier this week, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) released timely findings from the “Elections 2012 and Political Ad Spend Survey,” conducted in collaboration with Campaigns & Elections Magazine. The results show an increase in political ad spending across digital platforms, while also revealing political consultants’ appetite for more precise measurement and analytics tools. In tandem, the IAB Data Council unveiled an in-depth white paper entitled “Election 2012: Big Data Delivers on Campaign Promise,” which demonstrates that highly effective microtargeting is playing an increasingly vital role within political campaigning. Both the IAB survey and whitepaper were released at the IAB MIXX Conference in New York City. To download the complete findings from the survey and/or the white paper, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and