Digital Media Vet David Carlick Joins NetSeer Board of Directors
SANTA CLARA – NetSeer recently announced that David Carlick, Chairman at ReachLocal (NASDAQ: RLOC), has joined its Board of Directors. NetSeer’s patented concept matching technology suite is rapidly advancing the way digital media is bought. By mapping the concepts that matter most to brand marketers, NetSeer aggregates relevant display, mobile, and video inventory to create a premium content channel without sacrificing scale.
“Throughout my career I have been fortunate to be involved with companies whose innovations have a tremendous impact on the online media and advertising space,” Carlick said. “Right now, DSPs and cookie-based retargeting advertising enable machine-based media buying. Yet all our advertising data and experience tells us that the actual concepts on the page matter when brands want their messages heard and understood. Relevance matters. The next phase of machine buying will increasingly incorporate NetSeer’s conceptual matching — the ability to match ads with the actual concepts on a page, reaching people with the right message right at the moment of consideration. Advertisers, publishers, and consumers will enjoy the increased relevance of information delivered. I am fortunate and excited to join the team.”
Carlick rounds out the current Board of Directors which includes Vwani Roychowdhury and John Mracek of NetSeer as well as Dave Ryan of Mission Ventures and Terry Opdendyk of Onset Ventures. Carlick is an Independent Director working with a variety of companies in the online media and marketing space. He was an early co-founder of DoubleClick in the mid-’90s, (NASDAQ DCLK, acquired by Google) when he also helped lead Poppe Tyson’s digital media innovations at poppe.com (merged with Modem Media and IPO as ModemMediaPoppeTyson, NASDAQ MMPT).
Carlick has served on public boards including Founding Director at International Network Solutions, (IPO 1997 NASDAQ INSS, acquired by Lucent in 1999); Director at Ask Jeeves (NASDAQ ASKJ, acquired by IAC in 2005); Chairman at Intermix Media, parent of MySpace (AMEX IMIX, acquired by News Corp in 2005), and is currently Chairman at ReachLocal, a global leader in digital marketing technology and services for over 20,000 small businesses worldwide.
He is also a director at several private companies, including Effective Measure (leader in digital measurement in Southeast Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Africa), BrandScreen (DSP leader in Australia and Asia); Adventure Capital (Early Stage investor in Melbourne), and MediaSmith (leading independent digital media agency). Carlick is a Venture Partner at Rho Ventures, a leading venture firm in New York and Palo Alto.
“David Carlick has been involved with a number of key advances in digital media and marketing,” said John Mracek, Chief Executive Officer, NetSeer. “David gets what we do, and we are excited as we expand our board with the experience and expertise necessary for our next stages of growth.”
NetSeer is a Silicon Valley-based company with a digital media buying solution that capitalizes on the economics of advertising. By mapping the concepts that matter most to brand marketers, NetSeer aggregates relevant display, mobile, and video inventory to create a premium content channel without sacrificing scale. NetSeer’s patented targeting capabilities include ConceptGraph, which delivers the best ad to editorial match available today. With a reach of 95 percent of the U.S. Internet population, NetSeer analyzes over 5 billion impressions a day on behalf of hundreds of advertisers. The company received its initial funding from Onset Ventures and Mission Ventures. For more information, please visit www.NetSeer.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013 ADOTAS — It’s no secret that mobile commerce is on [...] more »
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’ June 18th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Larissa Lohman routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising June 18th 2013 NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Medialets, the essential [...] more »
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- Raj Chauhan: Programmatic is expanding in the online world to guaranteed buys. Adslot is building a