Digital Media Vet David Carlick Joins NetSeer Board of Directors
SANTA CLARA – NetSeer recently announced that David Carlick, Chairman at ReachLocal (NASDAQ: RLOC), has joined its Board of Directors. NetSeer’s patented concept matching technology suite is rapidly advancing the way digital media is bought. By mapping the concepts that matter most to brand marketers, NetSeer aggregates relevant display, mobile, and video inventory to create a premium content channel without sacrificing scale.
“Throughout my career I have been fortunate to be involved with companies whose innovations have a tremendous impact on the online media and advertising space,” Carlick said. “Right now, DSPs and cookie-based retargeting advertising enable machine-based media buying. Yet all our advertising data and experience tells us that the actual concepts on the page matter when brands want their messages heard and understood. Relevance matters. The next phase of machine buying will increasingly incorporate NetSeer’s conceptual matching — the ability to match ads with the actual concepts on a page, reaching people with the right message right at the moment of consideration. Advertisers, publishers, and consumers will enjoy the increased relevance of information delivered. I am fortunate and excited to join the team.”
Carlick rounds out the current Board of Directors which includes Vwani Roychowdhury and John Mracek of NetSeer as well as Dave Ryan of Mission Ventures and Terry Opdendyk of Onset Ventures. Carlick is an Independent Director working with a variety of companies in the online media and marketing space. He was an early co-founder of DoubleClick in the mid-’90s, (NASDAQ DCLK, acquired by Google) when he also helped lead Poppe Tyson’s digital media innovations at poppe.com (merged with Modem Media and IPO as ModemMediaPoppeTyson, NASDAQ MMPT).
Carlick has served on public boards including Founding Director at International Network Solutions, (IPO 1997 NASDAQ INSS, acquired by Lucent in 1999); Director at Ask Jeeves (NASDAQ ASKJ, acquired by IAC in 2005); Chairman at Intermix Media, parent of MySpace (AMEX IMIX, acquired by News Corp in 2005), and is currently Chairman at ReachLocal, a global leader in digital marketing technology and services for over 20,000 small businesses worldwide.
He is also a director at several private companies, including Effective Measure (leader in digital measurement in Southeast Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Africa), BrandScreen (DSP leader in Australia and Asia); Adventure Capital (Early Stage investor in Melbourne), and MediaSmith (leading independent digital media agency). Carlick is a Venture Partner at Rho Ventures, a leading venture firm in New York and Palo Alto.
“David Carlick has been involved with a number of key advances in digital media and marketing,” said John Mracek, Chief Executive Officer, NetSeer. “David gets what we do, and we are excited as we expand our board with the experience and expertise necessary for our next stages of growth.”
NetSeer is a Silicon Valley-based company with a digital media buying solution that capitalizes on the economics of advertising. By mapping the concepts that matter most to brand marketers, NetSeer aggregates relevant display, mobile, and video inventory to create a premium content channel without sacrificing scale. NetSeer’s patented targeting capabilities include ConceptGraph, which delivers the best ad to editorial match available today. With a reach of 95 percent of the U.S. Internet population, NetSeer analyzes over 5 billion impressions a day on behalf of hundreds of advertisers. The company received its initial funding from Onset Ventures and Mission Ventures. For more information, please visit www.NetSeer.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be