Cisneros Group’s RedMas Acquires Kontextua
MIAMI — RedMas, the digital advertising unit of the Cisneros Group of Companies, recently announced the acquisition of Kontextua, an online advertising company with an expansive network in Latin America and Spain. The acquisition will strengthen the Group’s digital presence in the U.S. Hispanic market and Latin America. In addition, RedMas will invest $2 million in Kontextua to create new digital advertising platforms, and to extend the online network’s reach in the U.S. Hispanic market, as well as in Chile, Mexico, Brazil and Colombia.
“Latin America’s $2.5 billion digital advertising market is growing at an accelerated rate of 15 to 20 percent annually. With Internet penetration at only 35 percent in the region, this market holds vast potential for RedMas,” says Cisneros Group’s Chief Digital Officer Victor Kong. “The acquisition will not only contribute revenue to the Cisneros Group’s other sites, such as www.venevision.com, www.noticierovenevision.com, and www.missvenezuela.com, but it will also complement its new business strategy of focusing on digital advertising, e-commerce, and social gaming.”
Kontextua was founded two years ago by Germán Herebia and Carlos Córdoba, and developed into an innovative online advertising platform for the creation and commercialization of unexploited online advertising real estate. In doing so it has generated a new source of income for its more than 12,000 Spanish- and Portuguese-language affiliated sites that reach over 60 million unique viewers. Kontextua’s technology scans website content, recognizing texts and images that can serve as anchors for contextual advertising. Advertisers can then select from a variety of content categories or key words related to their products or services, and advertise against various audience segments.
With the acquisition, Mr. Herebia, co-founder of InZearch, and Mr. Cordoba, co-founder of ePlanning, join the Cisneros Group’s digital management team.
“We are pleased to be part of an organization with a clear digital vision, and to be at the forefront of the expansion of its online advertising businesses in the region as part of the RedMas brand,” says Mr. Herebia.
Separately, Mr. Córdoba says, “We continue to focus on technological innovations in digital advertising services, and with RedMas’ support, we are certain to accelerate the developmental process, enabling us to introduce several new innovations in the coming months.”
Kontextua is the leading contextual advertising network in Spanish and Portuguese speaking markets, which allows sites and blogs to monetize their advertising inventory across multiple formats, including in-text and in-image advertising. The network currently has more than 12,000 affiliated websites reaching an audience of 60 million Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and has over 800 advertisers with regional advertising campaigns.
The Cisneros Group of Companies is one of the largest privately held media, entertainment, telecommunications and consumer products organizations in the world. The Cisneros Group wholly owns or controls companies ranging from broadcast television and television production to consumer products, and real estate. The Group sells TV programming and other media content on five continents and in over 90 countries. Its media and entertainment holdings include Venevision, the leading television network in Venezuela; Venevision International, a global Spanish-language entertainment company; and Venevision Productions, a supplier of top-tier telenovelas for North American and world audiences. In addition, the Cisneros Group owns several digital assets, including RedMas, its digital advertising unit, Cuponidad, an online couponing site, and the websites www.venevision.com, www.noticierovenevision.net, and www.missvenezuela.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and