AutoTrader Turns to Skyword for Content Marketing Roll-Out
BOSTON (October 16, 2012) – Skyword, a leading content production platform, today announced that AutoTrader.com has selected the Skyword Content Production Platform to improve the efficiency of its content efforts and increase engagement with the 16 million car buyers who visit with the AutoTrader.com website monthly.
According to the National Car Dealer Association, cars are now being developed more rapidly, enabling swifter response to market trends with vehicles that boast increased sophistication and features. Along with 1.2 million models sold in August of 2012 come more new car data, putting consumers in the driver’s seat for choosing, buying and maintaining their next vehicle.
AutoTrader.com provides the largest selection of listings and reviews with over three million vehicles listed from over 20,000 dealers and thousands of private sellers. To keep up with the growing consumer demand for vehicle information and reviews, AutoTrader.com has turned to Skyword to scale the production of its editorial content, provide robust analytics for its editorial reviews, and enhance the management of its growing pool of regularly contributing freelance writers.
“Consumer demand for vehicle information is increasing every month and we knew we needed a smarter way to respond to this growing demand,” said Scott Markle, senior manager of content strategy for AutoTrader.com. “We selected Skyword for the scalability of their content production platform, and their ability to help us optimize our content for search.”
In addition, AutoTrader.com chose Skyword for the platform’s ability to streamline and automate the recruitment, management and payment of their freelance writer community – eliminating hours of administrative tasks, reducing errors and the time it takes for writers to get paid.
“Today social-savvy Internet users turn to online search and their social connections to seek the information they need,” said Tom Gerace, CEO of Skyword. “We are excited to partner with a leading automotive information resource to help them help the millions of consumers who turn to AutoTrader.com for car advice.”
The Skyword Content Production Platform is the only complete content production solution in the market today that helps brands, retailers, agencies and media companies create customized, scalable content that connects with consumers through online search and the social web.
Skyword is used by leading organizations such as IBM, The Wall Street Journal, Education.com, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, to empower them to tap into the 18 billion information searches conducted by consumers each month, which in turn get shared 36 billion times socially. Just last month, Skyword announced the additions of United Way Worldwide and Omnicom’s Resolution Media to its customer portfolio and launched its multi-client tool, Skyword for Agencies, which will be widely available later this month.
Created in 1997, Atlanta-based AutoTrader.com is the Internet’s ultimate automotive marketplace. As a leading resource for car shoppers and sellers, AutoTrader.com aggregates millions of new, used and certified pre-owned cars from thousands of dealers and private sellers and provides expert articles and reviews. AutoTrader.com, which also operates the AutoTraderClassics.com auto marketing brand, is wholly owned by AutoTrader Group. Additionally, AutoTrader Group owns Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) as well as three other companies that provide a full suite of software tools that help dealers and manufacturers manage their inventory and advertising online: vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions. AutoTrader Group is a majority-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Providence Equity Partners is a 25 percent owner of the company and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers is also an investor.
Skyword is the leading content production platform. The Skyword Platform enables brands, retailers, media companies, and agencies to acquire and engage customers by efficiently producing quality content optimized for search and the social web. Skyword for Agencies is an offshoot of the Skyword Platform designed to meet the specific needs of marketing and advertising agencies that manage content programs for multiple clients. Quality content is essential for reaching and engaging consumers today, but the creation process is messy, inconsistent and immeasurable. The Skyword Platforms make it easy to produce, optimize, and promote content at any scale to create meaningful, lasting relationships with customers. Skyword is a privately held, privately funded company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Investors include Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, Cox Media Group, and American Public Media Group.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]