AutoTrader Turns to Skyword for Content Marketing Roll-Out
BOSTON (October 16, 2012) – Skyword, a leading content production platform, today announced that AutoTrader.com has selected the Skyword Content Production Platform to improve the efficiency of its content efforts and increase engagement with the 16 million car buyers who visit with the AutoTrader.com website monthly.
According to the National Car Dealer Association, cars are now being developed more rapidly, enabling swifter response to market trends with vehicles that boast increased sophistication and features. Along with 1.2 million models sold in August of 2012 come more new car data, putting consumers in the driver’s seat for choosing, buying and maintaining their next vehicle.
AutoTrader.com provides the largest selection of listings and reviews with over three million vehicles listed from over 20,000 dealers and thousands of private sellers. To keep up with the growing consumer demand for vehicle information and reviews, AutoTrader.com has turned to Skyword to scale the production of its editorial content, provide robust analytics for its editorial reviews, and enhance the management of its growing pool of regularly contributing freelance writers.
“Consumer demand for vehicle information is increasing every month and we knew we needed a smarter way to respond to this growing demand,” said Scott Markle, senior manager of content strategy for AutoTrader.com. “We selected Skyword for the scalability of their content production platform, and their ability to help us optimize our content for search.”
In addition, AutoTrader.com chose Skyword for the platform’s ability to streamline and automate the recruitment, management and payment of their freelance writer community – eliminating hours of administrative tasks, reducing errors and the time it takes for writers to get paid.
“Today social-savvy Internet users turn to online search and their social connections to seek the information they need,” said Tom Gerace, CEO of Skyword. “We are excited to partner with a leading automotive information resource to help them help the millions of consumers who turn to AutoTrader.com for car advice.”
The Skyword Content Production Platform is the only complete content production solution in the market today that helps brands, retailers, agencies and media companies create customized, scalable content that connects with consumers through online search and the social web.
Skyword is used by leading organizations such as IBM, The Wall Street Journal, Education.com, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, to empower them to tap into the 18 billion information searches conducted by consumers each month, which in turn get shared 36 billion times socially. Just last month, Skyword announced the additions of United Way Worldwide and Omnicom’s Resolution Media to its customer portfolio and launched its multi-client tool, Skyword for Agencies, which will be widely available later this month.
Created in 1997, Atlanta-based AutoTrader.com is the Internet’s ultimate automotive marketplace. As a leading resource for car shoppers and sellers, AutoTrader.com aggregates millions of new, used and certified pre-owned cars from thousands of dealers and private sellers and provides expert articles and reviews. AutoTrader.com, which also operates the AutoTraderClassics.com auto marketing brand, is wholly owned by AutoTrader Group. Additionally, AutoTrader Group owns Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com) as well as three other companies that provide a full suite of software tools that help dealers and manufacturers manage their inventory and advertising online: vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions. AutoTrader Group is a majority-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Providence Equity Partners is a 25 percent owner of the company and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers is also an investor.
Skyword is the leading content production platform. The Skyword Platform enables brands, retailers, media companies, and agencies to acquire and engage customers by efficiently producing quality content optimized for search and the social web. Skyword for Agencies is an offshoot of the Skyword Platform designed to meet the specific needs of marketing and advertising agencies that manage content programs for multiple clients. Quality content is essential for reaching and engaging consumers today, but the creation process is messy, inconsistent and immeasurable. The Skyword Platforms make it easy to produce, optimize, and promote content at any scale to create meaningful, lasting relationships with customers. Skyword is a privately held, privately funded company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Investors include Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, Cox Media Group, and American Public Media Group.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s