Appinions Names Top Five Most Powerful CMOs with Release of CMO Influence Study
NEW YORK (October 12, 2012) – Which CMOs wield the most influence in America? How much power do CMOs command within the corporate structure and the business arena in general? And how is their sphere of influence represented in the media (both traditional and social)? Appinions, the only opinion-powered influence marketing platform, provides these insights and more with the release of its first annual CMO Influence Study, launched at this month’s 2012 ANA Masters of Marketing Conference.
According to the comprehensive study, which was compiled between August and October of this year, the five most influential CMOs are, in order of dominance:
- Philip W. Schiller (pictured), CMO of Apple.
- Jim Farley, GVP, Marketing and Sales, Ford Motor Company.
- Jeremy Burton, EVP and CMO, EMC.
- Stephen Gillett, president and CMO, Best Buy.
- Tami Erwin, VP and CMO, Verizon Wireless.
The ranking of these marketing visionaries was determined based on influence scores and share of influence data generated through Appinions’ proprietary influence-marketing platform.
Beyond the revelations unearthed about the influence of today’s CMO within the industry and media, the data also illuminates provocative insights regarding the most influential brands, as well as the intersection of marketing and technology. These findings support a current marketing trend of greater investment in tech, with Forbes reporting that this year CMOs will allocate more money towards tech advancements than their CIO counterparts.
“With this study – the first of its kind – Appinions delves deep to uncover the level and breadth of influence CMOs project among their marketing peers, throughout the entire marketing ecosystem, and on the unsuspecting consumer,” said Larry Levy, Appinions co-founder and chief executive officer. “Based on the data contained within, this report could serve as a bit of a much-needed wake-up call for savvy marketers who look to substantially enhance their presence and cachet in a demanding business and media landscape.”
Appinions Senior Marketing Advisor Jon Bond adds, “In today’s increasingly aggressive media environment, where marketers fight for a voice in the cacophony, there’s a new currency that’s just as potent as the dollar – and that is influence. With this report, we slice through all of the long-held conjecture and misconceptions surrounding CMO influence to get to the root of what really impacts marketing, from both a granular and birds-eye perspective.”
To view and download the Appinions CMO Influence Study, click here.
Appinions is an opinion-based influence marketing platform that enables agencies and brands to identify, analyze, engage, monitor and measure relevant influencers. Built on more than a decade of Cornell University research, Appinions extracts and aggregates opinions from more than 5 million sources including blogs, social networks, forums, and newspaper and magazine articles. Appinions is a privately owned company based in New York City.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that