Appinions Names Top Five Most Powerful CMOs with Release of CMO Influence Study
NEW YORK (October 12, 2012) – Which CMOs wield the most influence in America? How much power do CMOs command within the corporate structure and the business arena in general? And how is their sphere of influence represented in the media (both traditional and social)? Appinions, the only opinion-powered influence marketing platform, provides these insights and more with the release of its first annual CMO Influence Study, launched at this month’s 2012 ANA Masters of Marketing Conference.
According to the comprehensive study, which was compiled between August and October of this year, the five most influential CMOs are, in order of dominance:
- Philip W. Schiller (pictured), CMO of Apple.
- Jim Farley, GVP, Marketing and Sales, Ford Motor Company.
- Jeremy Burton, EVP and CMO, EMC.
- Stephen Gillett, president and CMO, Best Buy.
- Tami Erwin, VP and CMO, Verizon Wireless.
The ranking of these marketing visionaries was determined based on influence scores and share of influence data generated through Appinions’ proprietary influence-marketing platform.
Beyond the revelations unearthed about the influence of today’s CMO within the industry and media, the data also illuminates provocative insights regarding the most influential brands, as well as the intersection of marketing and technology. These findings support a current marketing trend of greater investment in tech, with Forbes reporting that this year CMOs will allocate more money towards tech advancements than their CIO counterparts.
“With this study – the first of its kind – Appinions delves deep to uncover the level and breadth of influence CMOs project among their marketing peers, throughout the entire marketing ecosystem, and on the unsuspecting consumer,” said Larry Levy, Appinions co-founder and chief executive officer. “Based on the data contained within, this report could serve as a bit of a much-needed wake-up call for savvy marketers who look to substantially enhance their presence and cachet in a demanding business and media landscape.”
Appinions Senior Marketing Advisor Jon Bond adds, “In today’s increasingly aggressive media environment, where marketers fight for a voice in the cacophony, there’s a new currency that’s just as potent as the dollar – and that is influence. With this report, we slice through all of the long-held conjecture and misconceptions surrounding CMO influence to get to the root of what really impacts marketing, from both a granular and birds-eye perspective.”
To view and download the Appinions CMO Influence Study, click here.
Appinions is an opinion-based influence marketing platform that enables agencies and brands to identify, analyze, engage, monitor and measure relevant influencers. Built on more than a decade of Cornell University research, Appinions extracts and aggregates opinions from more than 5 million sources including blogs, social networks, forums, and newspaper and magazine articles. Appinions is a privately owned company based in New York City.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]