Appinions Names Top Five Most Powerful CMOs with Release of CMO Influence Study
NEW YORK (October 12, 2012) – Which CMOs wield the most influence in America? How much power do CMOs command within the corporate structure and the business arena in general? And how is their sphere of influence represented in the media (both traditional and social)? Appinions, the only opinion-powered influence marketing platform, provides these insights and more with the release of its first annual CMO Influence Study, launched at this month’s 2012 ANA Masters of Marketing Conference.
According to the comprehensive study, which was compiled between August and October of this year, the five most influential CMOs are, in order of dominance:
- Philip W. Schiller (pictured), CMO of Apple.
- Jim Farley, GVP, Marketing and Sales, Ford Motor Company.
- Jeremy Burton, EVP and CMO, EMC.
- Stephen Gillett, president and CMO, Best Buy.
- Tami Erwin, VP and CMO, Verizon Wireless.
The ranking of these marketing visionaries was determined based on influence scores and share of influence data generated through Appinions’ proprietary influence-marketing platform.
Beyond the revelations unearthed about the influence of today’s CMO within the industry and media, the data also illuminates provocative insights regarding the most influential brands, as well as the intersection of marketing and technology. These findings support a current marketing trend of greater investment in tech, with Forbes reporting that this year CMOs will allocate more money towards tech advancements than their CIO counterparts.
“With this study – the first of its kind – Appinions delves deep to uncover the level and breadth of influence CMOs project among their marketing peers, throughout the entire marketing ecosystem, and on the unsuspecting consumer,” said Larry Levy, Appinions co-founder and chief executive officer. “Based on the data contained within, this report could serve as a bit of a much-needed wake-up call for savvy marketers who look to substantially enhance their presence and cachet in a demanding business and media landscape.”
Appinions Senior Marketing Advisor Jon Bond adds, “In today’s increasingly aggressive media environment, where marketers fight for a voice in the cacophony, there’s a new currency that’s just as potent as the dollar – and that is influence. With this report, we slice through all of the long-held conjecture and misconceptions surrounding CMO influence to get to the root of what really impacts marketing, from both a granular and birds-eye perspective.”
To view and download the Appinions CMO Influence Study, click here.
Appinions is an opinion-based influence marketing platform that enables agencies and brands to identify, analyze, engage, monitor and measure relevant influencers. Built on more than a decade of Cornell University research, Appinions extracts and aggregates opinions from more than 5 million sources including blogs, social networks, forums, and newspaper and magazine articles. Appinions is a privately owned company based in New York City.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing the Xbox One, we posted the results of