Zumobi Appoints MSN Vet Flinn as VP of Publishing Operations
SEATTLE, WA –September 13, 2012 – Zumobi, a leading mobile media company, today announced the appointment of John Flinn as vice president of publishing operations. A 15-year veteran of publishing and digital media, Flinn brings extensive technology and advertising knowledge based on his experience at MSN and MSNBC. In his new role, Flinn will further establish Zumobi’s Brand Integration (ZBi) platform as the leading rich media mobile advertising solution and guide the company’s publishing partners in successfully optimizing and monetizing their mobile apps.
“John’s passion and expertise will be an asset in evangelizing the ZBi platform,” said Ken Willner, CEO of Zumobi. “He brings a deep understanding of the intersection of publishing and advertising with years of experience and notable industry successes to back it up.”
Prior to Zumobi, Flinn was the director of monetization at Microsoft’s MSN properties where he led the Advertiser and Customer Experience teams and key consumer websites such as MSN Money, MSN Autos, and MSN Real Estate. During his 15-year tenure with the company, he served in various senior and executive roles, leading programming and advertising teams to help drive consumer engagement and monetization. Flinn originally joined Microsoft through its MSNBC news venture in 1997.
“I am excited to work with Zumobi’s premium publishers, helping them provide participatory advertising solutions to advertisers through the ZBi platform,” said Flinn. “Being at the heart of the publishing industry when it made the transition to the online world, I saw first hand the challenges publishers face when trying to adapttheir established platforms to a new medium. Today, mobile is the future and many publishers are finding themselves in the same boat they were in the late 90s. Zumobi takes interactive mobile advertising to a whole new level.”
Flinn began his career more than 20 years ago in New York as a magazine reporter and editor, and helped launch Adweek’s coverage of the fledgling digital media business as the magazine’s first “new media” editor. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia.
Zumobi is a leading mobile media company that partners with top media brands to publish applications and provide integrated advertising experiences on next-generation smartphones and connected devices. Zumobi’s portfolio of applications comprise The Zumobi Network, a premium mobile app network that offers brand advertisers a high-quality, transparent and brand safe environment to showcase their brands and engage with their audiences. Through Zumobi’s Brand Integration (ZBi) rich media ad platform, the company enables leading advertisers to truly connect with consumers in a way that is highly immersive yet organic to the app experience. To learn more, visit www.zumobi.com or follow Zumobi on Twitter @Zumobi.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s