Yahoo! and Media.net Launch Contextual Ads for Web Publishers
SUNNYVALE, CALIF. and AUSTIN, TEXAS (September 27, 2012) – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Media.net today announced a long-term agreement to launch Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads, powered by Media.net. The program aims to provide web publishers with a powerful and effective new solution for earning advertising revenue. Publishers can now use the Media.net platform to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads from across the Yahoo! Bing Network.
“Since its inception, Media.net has invested tremendous resources – people, capital and time – to build what Yahoo! identifies to be a terrific monetization solution for web publishers,” said Al Echamendi, Vice President, Business Development, Yahoo!. “During our evaluation process, we recognized Media.net as a technology and innovation leader, with a strong management team that has a significant business track record and industry experience.”
“Yahoo! holds a key leadership position in online advertising,” said Divyank Turakhia (pictured), Founder & CEO at Media.net. “Teaming up with Yahoo! allows us to offer web publishers with a solution that generates additional revenue for them and provides customization, control and flexibility that they would like.”
Media.net will exclusively manage technology, business operations and relationships with respect to publishers worldwide for the program. Yahoo! will manage technology, business operations and relationships with respect to advertisers and drive advertiser sales worldwide for the program. Yahoo! will also manage all aspects of network operations to adhere to existing quality traffic standards.
The program is designed to work for websites that have premium content, where placing contextually relevant ads could result in high user engagement rates. The program is currently limited only to websites that primarily receive the majority of their traffic from the United States, Canada or United Kingdom.
Key Features of the program for publishers include:
- Easy-to-use: Ads can be added to a publisher’s website in minutes using the Media.net powered self-serve platform. Publishers can select an ad size and copy-paste the HTML provided on their web pages to start displaying targeted sponsored links and ad topics.
- Premium advertiser pool: Access to the Yahoo! Bing Network consisting of millions of ads and ad topics.
- Robust targeting: Proprietary Media.net technology scans all the content on web pages and delivers highly relevant ads.
- Customization: Publishers can use the Media.net platform to pick from multiple ad sizes, skin the ads to match their look-and-feel requirements, and even request highly customized ad units.
- Control: Publishers can influence the ad targeting on a web page by providing hints (keywords). Also, unwanted advertisers and ad topics can be easily blocked.
- Dynamic optimization: Ad units consist of sponsored links, ad topics or a combination of both, as determined on an impression-by-impression basis to maximize ad yield.
- Placement flexibility: Publishers can run ad units in tandem with or in place of their current ads.
- Mobile ads: Publishers can choose to display mobile optimized ad units on their web pages to users browsing the site from any iOS (iPhone, iPad and iTouch), Android and Blackberry phone or tablet.
- Real support: Full-time ad specialists from Media.net provide support to publishers. Publishers can interact with a real person to help with performance improvements, optimization and customizations.
To learn more about the program, visit http://contextualads.yahoo.com.
Advertisers can access this publisher inventory by signing up with the Yahoo! Bing Network. Existing Yahoo! Bing Network search advertisers that have selected to distribute their ads via syndicated search partners or that have opted-in to advertise on the content network will automatically and instantly access this high-quality publisher inventory.
Implementation of the deal has already begun with Contextual Ads appearing on several Yahoo! properties.
Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company’s blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions that make generating revenue from ads easy and effective for web publishers. Media.net is privately held, backed by certain funds managed by Ashmore Investment Management Limited, a subsidiary of Ashmore Group plc (ASHM:LN) and Directi Group. It has over 400 employees in key operation centers across – Austin, Dubai, Mumbai & Bangalore. In the United States, Media.net operates primarily from Austin, TX. For more information, visit http://www.media.net.
I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors, its really really
good paragraph on building up new website.
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]