VIDEO: Giant Media CEO Discusses Those Sexy James Franco/7 For All Mankind Ads
You may have seen them: those viral videos featuring young hot models and celebrities dancing around in scantily-clad swimsuits and denim, having way more fun than the average person. This visually-striking, hue-saturated, and hipster-infused ad campaign directed by James Franco for 7 for all Mankind takes a fresh approach to digital advertising through a series of videos shot and directed by the famous actor and director.
This ad campaign, conceived by 7 For All Mankind and executed by Giant Media, may ultimately change the way we look at ads. Giant also handled the distribution for that famous Ferris Bueller Honda CR-V commercial that premiered during the Super Bowl starring Matthew Broderick re-enacting arguably, his most iconic role. Giant Media helps brands and media companies distribute their videos through its social video technology and network of publishers and social platforms.
According to David Segura, Giant Media’s CEO, the social viral video company sees itself as a viable alternative to pre-roll.
“Our clients know that we over deliver by scaling earned media, and for many, by including interactive elements within video units that also can include overlay static and dynamic banners that end with a screen takeover,” says Segura. “For every two paid video views, we provide one that is bonus earned media.”
For the 7 For All Mankind campaign, Giant’s main focus was to target the 21-34 year old demographic through the James Franco Web Series. To get the Internet buzzing about the videos and encourage user engagement, the brand also launched a sweepstakes with the opportunity to win a $1,500 shopping spree. Giant was brought on to create mass awareness for the videos while driving sweepstakes entries.
One thing you’ll notice is that there is very little branding throughout the video series. This is intentional and a nod towards Giant’s goal to convey a lighter and less in-your-face aesthetic that focuses on lifestyle snapshots, more focused on creating a mood rather than hammering marketing messages down your throat.
The results speak for themselves: The 7 ad campaign resulted on over 1 million views, coverage on over 40 major blogs and over 33,00 user engagements with the brand. They also received thousands of sweepstakes entries and deep brand engagement.
In general terms, Giant drives media impressions and individual views are calculated after a consumer watches the video for at least 20 seconds.
Views are not the only metric to evaluate campaign success according to Segura. For the Ferris Bueler Honda ads, the client was much more interested driving brand interaction through hidden Easter eggs peppered throughout the creative. These are random pop culture innuendo placed strategically throughout the commercial that referenced the original film, like a toy Ferrari in a glass case on the agent’s desk and a framed children’s drawing on the agent’s cabinet, which was the same one on the Bueller fridge in the original movie.
“Americans are competitive and they will obsess over finding things hidden throughout a creative,” adds Segura.
To date, Giant has a comscore reach of over 78 million uniques and has launched over 300 ad campaigns for brands like Nissan, Banana Republic, Red Bull, Lionsgate, LG and American Express since the firm’s inception.
With Giant’s revenue having quadrupled in the last year, this media darling must indeed be doing something right.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]