VIDEO: Giant Media CEO Discusses Those Sexy James Franco/7 For All Mankind Ads
You may have seen them: those viral videos featuring young hot models and celebrities dancing around in scantily-clad swimsuits and denim, having way more fun than the average person. This visually-striking, hue-saturated, and hipster-infused ad campaign directed by James Franco for 7 for all Mankind takes a fresh approach to digital advertising through a series of videos shot and directed by the famous actor and director.
This ad campaign, conceived by 7 For All Mankind and executed by Giant Media, may ultimately change the way we look at ads. Giant also handled the distribution for that famous Ferris Bueller Honda CR-V commercial that premiered during the Super Bowl starring Matthew Broderick re-enacting arguably, his most iconic role. Giant Media helps brands and media companies distribute their videos through its social video technology and network of publishers and social platforms.
According to David Segura, Giant Media’s CEO, the social viral video company sees itself as a viable alternative to pre-roll.
“Our clients know that we over deliver by scaling earned media, and for many, by including interactive elements within video units that also can include overlay static and dynamic banners that end with a screen takeover,” says Segura. “For every two paid video views, we provide one that is bonus earned media.”
For the 7 For All Mankind campaign, Giant’s main focus was to target the 21-34 year old demographic through the James Franco Web Series. To get the Internet buzzing about the videos and encourage user engagement, the brand also launched a sweepstakes with the opportunity to win a $1,500 shopping spree. Giant was brought on to create mass awareness for the videos while driving sweepstakes entries.
One thing you’ll notice is that there is very little branding throughout the video series. This is intentional and a nod towards Giant’s goal to convey a lighter and less in-your-face aesthetic that focuses on lifestyle snapshots, more focused on creating a mood rather than hammering marketing messages down your throat.
The results speak for themselves: The 7 ad campaign resulted on over 1 million views, coverage on over 40 major blogs and over 33,00 user engagements with the brand. They also received thousands of sweepstakes entries and deep brand engagement.
In general terms, Giant drives media impressions and individual views are calculated after a consumer watches the video for at least 20 seconds.
Views are not the only metric to evaluate campaign success according to Segura. For the Ferris Bueler Honda ads, the client was much more interested driving brand interaction through hidden Easter eggs peppered throughout the creative. These are random pop culture innuendo placed strategically throughout the commercial that referenced the original film, like a toy Ferrari in a glass case on the agent’s desk and a framed children’s drawing on the agent’s cabinet, which was the same one on the Bueller fridge in the original movie.
“Americans are competitive and they will obsess over finding things hidden throughout a creative,” adds Segura.
To date, Giant has a comscore reach of over 78 million uniques and has launched over 300 ad campaigns for brands like Nissan, Banana Republic, Red Bull, Lionsgate, LG and American Express since the firm’s inception.
With Giant’s revenue having quadrupled in the last year, this media darling must indeed be doing something right.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV