Tom DeLuca is New COO at Augme/Hipcricket
Augme Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB: AUGT), (“Augme” or the “Company”), a technology and services leader in interactive media and mobile marketing, today announced that Tom DeLuca (pictured) has been appointed Chief Operating Officer of parent company Augme Technologies, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Hipcricket, Inc., effective immediately. Mr. DeLuca replaces Robert Hussey, who has served as Interim COO since June 2012. Mr. Hussey will join Augme’s Board of Directors, increasing the number of occupied board seats to seven.
Mr. DeLuca’s career experience in the development and execution of mobile, online, and social media strategies that build brand loyalty spans several industries including packaged goods, technology, entertainment and automotive, to name a few.
“Tom’s advertising and marketing background, proven leadership capabilities, and operational experience in building brands across both traditional and digital channels position him as the ideal executive to enhance our ability to play a much larger role in the rapidly-expanding mobile marketing and advertising industry,” said Paul Arena, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Augme Technologies, Inc. “We enthusiastically welcome Tom to the Augme team. On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would also like to thank Bob Hussey for his contributions as Interim Chief Operating Officer, and we look forward to his continued guidance as a member of our Board.”
Most recently, Mr. DeLuca (45) served at Ogilvy and Mather as the Chief Operating Officer for Social@Ogilvy, the marketing communications giant’s social media division, where he was responsible for driving the operations of a global team of social media experts and practitioners in the execution of social media marketing strategies for such national brands as Ford, IBM, Nestle and UPS.
Prior to Ogilvy, Mr. DeLuca was Vice President of Worldwide Digital Marketing at Warner Brothers Home Entertainment, where he developed digital marketing campaigns for such blockbuster franchises as Harry Potter, Batman, Sex and the City, and Lord of the Rings, among others. Under his watch, he pioneered a partnership with Facebook that enabled consumers to purchase Warner Brothers film properties on the site.
Before that, DeLuca was an early leader in digital marketing as the Founder and President of Digital Agency Group, where he provided clients and their blue-chip brands with transformative marketing solutions and programs. He also served as Vice President of Digital Media and Internet Operations at Lionsgate Entertainment, and as President of Operations at Independentfilms.com, an online destination for the independent filmmaker.
Mr. DeLuca has won several awards for his work, including the 2010 DEG Award for Creative Mobile Excellence for Inception, 2009 Best Global Online Advertising campaign for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the 2007 Google/Double Click Excellence in Rich Media Award for Oceans 13.
“Mobile has become an integral part of today’s marketing mix, and its importance will continue to expand,” said Mr. DeLuca. “Augme’s platforms and proprietary intellectual property offerings allow brands to connect with their consumers on a personal and measurable basis. Its technologies, including those under the Hipcricket banner, provide businesses unprecedented ability to communicate with consumers in creative and forward thinking ways that are compatible with disparate operating systems. There is no one better than Hipcricket at generating sustainable sales, engagement, and customer loyalty. I look forward to the opportunity to utilize my expertise in operations and marketing to take Hipcricket, the recognized leader in mobile marketing and advertising, to the next level.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than