Tom DeLuca is New COO at Augme/Hipcricket
Augme Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB: AUGT), (“Augme” or the “Company”), a technology and services leader in interactive media and mobile marketing, today announced that Tom DeLuca (pictured) has been appointed Chief Operating Officer of parent company Augme Technologies, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Hipcricket, Inc., effective immediately. Mr. DeLuca replaces Robert Hussey, who has served as Interim COO since June 2012. Mr. Hussey will join Augme’s Board of Directors, increasing the number of occupied board seats to seven.
Mr. DeLuca’s career experience in the development and execution of mobile, online, and social media strategies that build brand loyalty spans several industries including packaged goods, technology, entertainment and automotive, to name a few.
“Tom’s advertising and marketing background, proven leadership capabilities, and operational experience in building brands across both traditional and digital channels position him as the ideal executive to enhance our ability to play a much larger role in the rapidly-expanding mobile marketing and advertising industry,” said Paul Arena, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Augme Technologies, Inc. “We enthusiastically welcome Tom to the Augme team. On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would also like to thank Bob Hussey for his contributions as Interim Chief Operating Officer, and we look forward to his continued guidance as a member of our Board.”
Most recently, Mr. DeLuca (45) served at Ogilvy and Mather as the Chief Operating Officer for Social@Ogilvy, the marketing communications giant’s social media division, where he was responsible for driving the operations of a global team of social media experts and practitioners in the execution of social media marketing strategies for such national brands as Ford, IBM, Nestle and UPS.
Prior to Ogilvy, Mr. DeLuca was Vice President of Worldwide Digital Marketing at Warner Brothers Home Entertainment, where he developed digital marketing campaigns for such blockbuster franchises as Harry Potter, Batman, Sex and the City, and Lord of the Rings, among others. Under his watch, he pioneered a partnership with Facebook that enabled consumers to purchase Warner Brothers film properties on the site.
Before that, DeLuca was an early leader in digital marketing as the Founder and President of Digital Agency Group, where he provided clients and their blue-chip brands with transformative marketing solutions and programs. He also served as Vice President of Digital Media and Internet Operations at Lionsgate Entertainment, and as President of Operations at Independentfilms.com, an online destination for the independent filmmaker.
Mr. DeLuca has won several awards for his work, including the 2010 DEG Award for Creative Mobile Excellence for Inception, 2009 Best Global Online Advertising campaign for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the 2007 Google/Double Click Excellence in Rich Media Award for Oceans 13.
“Mobile has become an integral part of today’s marketing mix, and its importance will continue to expand,” said Mr. DeLuca. “Augme’s platforms and proprietary intellectual property offerings allow brands to connect with their consumers on a personal and measurable basis. Its technologies, including those under the Hipcricket banner, provide businesses unprecedented ability to communicate with consumers in creative and forward thinking ways that are compatible with disparate operating systems. There is no one better than Hipcricket at generating sustainable sales, engagement, and customer loyalty. I look forward to the opportunity to utilize my expertise in operations and marketing to take Hipcricket, the recognized leader in mobile marketing and advertising, to the next level.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014