Tablets R Us: Retailer Unveils New $150 Tech Toy for Kids
The Tabeo is geared toward children as young as 5 and comes pre-loaded with educational apps and a curated app store to give kids access to a limited number of programs. Not that it’s all about hitting the books. “Angry Birds” and other games can be downloaded. Parents will be able to block mature content.
Yet even with device-makers emphasizing parental controls, regulators and child safety advocates say youth laws have not kept up to protect the privacy and safety of the Web’s fastest-growing segment of mobile-device users.
– from The Washington Post
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- ChoiceStream Raises $7.5 Million to Grow Its Programmatic Advertising Business
- Rocket Fuel to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- HyprMX Expands to Bring Fortune 500 Brand Ads to Mobile
- PunchTab Study Reveals Top Consumer Concerns for Retailer Marketing via Mobile Tracking
- Brands “Liking” Owned Digital Destinations over Social Media