VIDEO: SteelHouse Offers a Solution to Sucky Display Ads
LOS ANGELES (September 24, 2012) – Everyone in the advertising industry knows that online ads suck. Rich ads get significantly higher engagement, but they’re too hard to create. Flash doesn’t work on mobile, and HTML5 doesn’t work consistently in every browser. Today, SteelHouse launched A2 (pronounced a-squared), which brings the high quality that brands expect from other mediums like TV and print, into online ads that serve on any device including Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
“Whether they want to admit it or not, brands are embarrassed by the quality of their display advertising. Display ads are stuck in a static ad time warp surrounded by a world of video, mobile, apps and social tools,” said SteelHouse President and CEO Mark Douglas. “The reality is that the ads brands want have been too hard and time consuming to create. We’ve completely reinvented the way display ads work.”
A2 makes ads interactive by weaving together high engagement features that brands want and consumers respond to, including:
Video: Include videos from any source.
Images: Insert virtually any image or logo.
Location: Ads take into account where people are.
Scenes: Include multiple scenes in any ad.
Products: Dynamic product carousels can display products that consumers have interacted with.
Counters: Count down to when a sale is going to end or an event is going to happen.
Behavior: Leverage 1st party consumer behavioral data into the content of any ad.
Social: Great ads get shared. A2 ads enable that.
A2 ads are automatically IAB compliant and work on any device. A2 is available as a stand-alone display ad solution for brands and agencies or as part of SteelHouse’s other products. To see a sample of A2 ads in action, and learn more about SteelHouse, visit www.SteelHouse.com.
SteelHouse™, an ad:tech Innovation Award-winning company, brings innovative advertising solutions to brands, agencies and eCommerce marketers. SteelHouse reaches 110 million consumers a month across hundreds of the world’s largest brands. In addition to A2, the company’s real-time solutions including Real Time Offers™ and Retargeting enable companies to drive high engagement in their ads, on or off their, site based on their consumers’ behaviors an in real time. The SteelHouse team is comprised of veteran direct marketers and engineers from eHarmony, E*TRADE, Oracle and the Rubicon Project. SteelHouse is based in Los Angeles, Calif.
Umm…yeah so how is this different?
- Pingback from Tech for Technophobes II: The Evolution of Ad Tech
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran