Rightster Appoints Ex-ITV Online Chief Pembrooke to Support Exponential Growth
NEW YORK (September 27, 2012) – Today Rightster, the video distribution and monetization specialist, announces the appointment of Robin Pembrooke as VP of Product & Solutions, strengthening the senior team on the back of dramatic growth and key client wins in the last year.
Rightster works with several high profile publishers across fashion, sports, news and media including the Guardian, ITN, MP & Silva, SNTV, IMG Fashion and British Fashion Council. Over 3,000 syndication partners are currently connected to the Rightster network and the company is managing over 100 million views on YouTube per month. The business has also grown from 15 staff in the UK to over 140 employees across offices in London, New York, and Delhi.
Robin will focus on scaling Rightster’s product management and UX capabilities in the UK, US and India, shaping the Righter propositions to new and existing customer segments and defining the future product roadmap. As part of his new role, Robin will work closely with Rightster’s client base to ensure their ongoing requirements are met.
In his previous roles Robin led the online operations of Britain’s biggest advertising funded TV and radio broadcasters; ITV and Global Radio. At ITV he tripled usage of ITV Player, by deploying it to mobiles and connected TV platforms, and grew online reach through the relaunch of services such as ITV News. Prior to this at Yahoo!, he managed the European Product Operations team that designed and developed some of Europe’s biggest online destinations including Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Eurosports and Yahoo! Answers.
“Rightster makes the task of distributing, promoting and getting advertisers for video content online more efficient and Robin brings a wealth of experience to the table in improving the quality, distribution and usage of online and on-demand platforms,” said Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO at Rightster. “I’m thrilled to have him on board and his skills and expertise will be invaluable in the continued drive to offer our customers innovative solutions on how best to maximize the value of their video content.”
“Rightster has a fantastic product that’s being used by leading content publishers in news, sports, fashion and media. I’m looking forward to helping the team take the business and the product to the next level,” said Pembrooke.“ I know from running the online operations of the UK’s largest radio and TV broadcasters, that great content can often remain unsurfaced and undervalued; it is a problem that many publishers share, and one which Rightster addresses better than anyone else in the market.”
Rightster is a leading cloud-based video distribution and monetization specialist that enables rights holders and producers, such as ITN and BFC (British Fashion Council) and IMG to gain full control and visibility over their video distribution, maximizing their audience reach and revenues across all platforms and publishers from newspapers such as Mail Online to premium blog sites. Rightster’s turnkey services, such as audience development, remove the in-house complexity of managing technology and integration with publishers and platforms. This gives rights holders and producers the quickest and easiest route to market, as well as the flexibility to experiment and innovate with new digital services and revenue models for both live streaming and video on demand.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and