Rightster Appoints Ex-ITV Online Chief Pembrooke to Support Exponential Growth
NEW YORK (September 27, 2012) – Today Rightster, the video distribution and monetization specialist, announces the appointment of Robin Pembrooke as VP of Product & Solutions, strengthening the senior team on the back of dramatic growth and key client wins in the last year.
Rightster works with several high profile publishers across fashion, sports, news and media including the Guardian, ITN, MP & Silva, SNTV, IMG Fashion and British Fashion Council. Over 3,000 syndication partners are currently connected to the Rightster network and the company is managing over 100 million views on YouTube per month. The business has also grown from 15 staff in the UK to over 140 employees across offices in London, New York, and Delhi.
Robin will focus on scaling Rightster’s product management and UX capabilities in the UK, US and India, shaping the Righter propositions to new and existing customer segments and defining the future product roadmap. As part of his new role, Robin will work closely with Rightster’s client base to ensure their ongoing requirements are met.
In his previous roles Robin led the online operations of Britain’s biggest advertising funded TV and radio broadcasters; ITV and Global Radio. At ITV he tripled usage of ITV Player, by deploying it to mobiles and connected TV platforms, and grew online reach through the relaunch of services such as ITV News. Prior to this at Yahoo!, he managed the European Product Operations team that designed and developed some of Europe’s biggest online destinations including Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Eurosports and Yahoo! Answers.
“Rightster makes the task of distributing, promoting and getting advertisers for video content online more efficient and Robin brings a wealth of experience to the table in improving the quality, distribution and usage of online and on-demand platforms,” said Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO at Rightster. “I’m thrilled to have him on board and his skills and expertise will be invaluable in the continued drive to offer our customers innovative solutions on how best to maximize the value of their video content.”
“Rightster has a fantastic product that’s being used by leading content publishers in news, sports, fashion and media. I’m looking forward to helping the team take the business and the product to the next level,” said Pembrooke.“ I know from running the online operations of the UK’s largest radio and TV broadcasters, that great content can often remain unsurfaced and undervalued; it is a problem that many publishers share, and one which Rightster addresses better than anyone else in the market.”
Rightster is a leading cloud-based video distribution and monetization specialist that enables rights holders and producers, such as ITN and BFC (British Fashion Council) and IMG to gain full control and visibility over their video distribution, maximizing their audience reach and revenues across all platforms and publishers from newspapers such as Mail Online to premium blog sites. Rightster’s turnkey services, such as audience development, remove the in-house complexity of managing technology and integration with publishers and platforms. This gives rights holders and producers the quickest and easiest route to market, as well as the flexibility to experiment and innovate with new digital services and revenue models for both live streaming and video on demand.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]