Rightster Appoints Ex-ITV Online Chief Pembrooke to Support Exponential Growth
NEW YORK (September 27, 2012) – Today Rightster, the video distribution and monetization specialist, announces the appointment of Robin Pembrooke as VP of Product & Solutions, strengthening the senior team on the back of dramatic growth and key client wins in the last year.
Rightster works with several high profile publishers across fashion, sports, news and media including the Guardian, ITN, MP & Silva, SNTV, IMG Fashion and British Fashion Council. Over 3,000 syndication partners are currently connected to the Rightster network and the company is managing over 100 million views on YouTube per month. The business has also grown from 15 staff in the UK to over 140 employees across offices in London, New York, and Delhi.
Robin will focus on scaling Rightster’s product management and UX capabilities in the UK, US and India, shaping the Righter propositions to new and existing customer segments and defining the future product roadmap. As part of his new role, Robin will work closely with Rightster’s client base to ensure their ongoing requirements are met.
In his previous roles Robin led the online operations of Britain’s biggest advertising funded TV and radio broadcasters; ITV and Global Radio. At ITV he tripled usage of ITV Player, by deploying it to mobiles and connected TV platforms, and grew online reach through the relaunch of services such as ITV News. Prior to this at Yahoo!, he managed the European Product Operations team that designed and developed some of Europe’s biggest online destinations including Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Eurosports and Yahoo! Answers.
“Rightster makes the task of distributing, promoting and getting advertisers for video content online more efficient and Robin brings a wealth of experience to the table in improving the quality, distribution and usage of online and on-demand platforms,” said Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO at Rightster. “I’m thrilled to have him on board and his skills and expertise will be invaluable in the continued drive to offer our customers innovative solutions on how best to maximize the value of their video content.”
“Rightster has a fantastic product that’s being used by leading content publishers in news, sports, fashion and media. I’m looking forward to helping the team take the business and the product to the next level,” said Pembrooke.“ I know from running the online operations of the UK’s largest radio and TV broadcasters, that great content can often remain unsurfaced and undervalued; it is a problem that many publishers share, and one which Rightster addresses better than anyone else in the market.”
Rightster is a leading cloud-based video distribution and monetization specialist that enables rights holders and producers, such as ITN and BFC (British Fashion Council) and IMG to gain full control and visibility over their video distribution, maximizing their audience reach and revenues across all platforms and publishers from newspapers such as Mail Online to premium blog sites. Rightster’s turnkey services, such as audience development, remove the in-house complexity of managing technology and integration with publishers and platforms. This gives rights holders and producers the quickest and easiest route to market, as well as the flexibility to experiment and innovate with new digital services and revenue models for both live streaming and video on demand.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than