Rakuten LinkShare to Acquire mediaFORGE
Rakuten LinkShare today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire mediaFORGE, a Utah-based dynamic display media company. Founded in 2009, mediaFORGE’s Consumer Engagement display platform provides online advertisers with a unique way to prospect, retarget, nurture, and engage customers to help drive higher conversion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Rakuten LinkShare is acquiring mediaFORGE to add to its portfolio of affiliate marketing, search marketing and lead generation services and solutions. The company is expanding its offerings through the mediaFORGE acquisition to help online retailers drive multi-channel, integrated campaigns.
mediaFORGE is the only display advertising and retargeting company that bases its business model on Consumer Engagement, aligning its goals with advertisers’ goals by using a metric that measurably increases site conversions. As a result, clients get highly detailed analytics capabilities that offer online retailers and other companies a powerful tool for discovering actionable insights to achieve online marketing objectives.
Rakuten LinkShare’s global network will enable mediaFORGE to accelerate its expansion and reach throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Japan. Long term the two companies will work together along with advertisers and publishers to identify multi-channel synergies and technical integration opportunities that will create value within today’s dynamic online advertising landscape.
Strong demand for display related services have recently been reported as advertising industry revenues continue to climb. In April 2012, the IAB reported that 2011 display related advertising revenues totaled $11.1 billion, representing an increase of 15 percent over 2010.
“We welcome mediaFORGE to the Rakuten LinkShare family of services and solutions. Their unique Consumer Engagement advertising model presents a compelling value proposition to our network of global advertisers,” said Yaz Iida, chief executive officer, Rakuten LinkShare. “As we build a powerful, strategic portfolio of online marketing services that go beyond affiliate marketing, mediaFORGE complements our approach with a proven display and retargeting solution to help advertisers maximize their online investments while providing a personalized shopping experience for consumers.”
Advertisers searching for additional ways to drive sales using the cost-per-action (CPA) model will find the two companies aligned when it comes to pricing. The mediaFORGE pricing model is based on conversions attributed to Consumer Engagement while Rakuten LinkShare affiliate marketing has long been an industry leader in performance marketing.
“We founded mediaFORGE to address the growing need of online advertisers to optimize campaigns for performance, foster Consumer Engagement, and drive higher conversion while delivering a reliable return on ad spend,” said Tony Zito, chief executive officer of mediaFORGE. “This strategy will remain the same as mediaFORGE joins the Rakuten LinkShare portfolio of services. What changes is that our potential to reach more advertisers with our Consumer Engagement display model has grown exponentially as we make plans to expand our business around the world.”
mediaFORGE currently employs approximately 50 people, all of whom will remain with the company. The name of the company will remain mediaFORGE and the company headquarters, development, and business operations will remain in Salt Lake City. The deal is expected to close later in 2012.
- Pingback from VNIM: Rakuten LinkShare to Acquire mediaFORGE | Viet Nam Internet MarketingViet Nam Internet Marketing
We recently met with LinkShare and briefly discussed this acquisition. Overall our thoughts are positive. The more solutions that an affiliate network can offer, the better. So long as they are solid offerings. One platform, sales team, interface, etc. eases the administration aspect of our management services. With at least CJ and LinkShare we’ve seen a growing trend in acquiring third-party platform providers. But with that, they’re consistent focus on the core of affiliate marketing is appreciated.
- Pingback from Rakuten LinkShare to Acquire mediaFORGE: KV2U.com ~ Advertisements, Promotions, Affiliates ~ Vege Food on Vege Bun, Vegetarian Bun, Veggie Bun, Vegan Bun, Vege Life Products, Vege Baking Buns, Vege Pastry Buns
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought
- Sean Eisner: Ho Hum--hundreds of supposed review verification marks out there already, including UK-based "TrustMark" which sounds
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record | MineralSpas.org: [...] Permalink [...]
- Michael Durwin: Another title for this article might be Advertisers Are Finding Better Engagements of Female Through