PulsePoint Appoints Dan Ballister As Company President
NEW YORK (September 26, 2012)– PulsePoint, a global digital technology company headquartered in New York City, today announced the appointment of Dan Ballister (pictured) as president, effective as of September 10, 2012. A digital media veteran, Ballister was selected to guide the company’s daily operations as PulsePoint continues to scale its growth strategy and deliver on its mission to power predictable audience engagement across digital channels. Ballister will report to Sloan Gaon, PulsePoint CEO.
“Dan will be instrumental in helping PulsePoint build upon its capabilities and deliver even greater levels of success to customers who depend on us for content creation, curation, distribution and monetization,” said Gaon. “His entrepreneurial spirit and extensive background in digital media will energize and inspire our team as we continue to surpass growth benchmarks month after month.”
Ballister brings 20 years of management experience to PulsePoint, most recently serving as founder and managing partner of Over The Wall Ventures, a New York-based digital media advisory and angel investment firm that specialized in advertising technology and strategy for emerging B2B and B2C businesses. Previously, Ballister was the president and chief operating officer of TRAFFIQ Inc, a direct-to-publisher media buying marketplace with a proprietary, end-to-end media management platform. Concurrently, he helped launch and operate MarketMaker Interactive, a full-service digital media agency operating in New York and Washington, DC.
Earlier in his career, Ballister served in senior management roles with several companies, including the National Basketball Association, FindWhat.com/Espotting, Go2Net/InfoSpace and Microsoft’s Sidewalk.com.
“PulsePoint has worked to create highly sophisticated technology and solutions that help CMOs, agencies and publishers find the true value within all digital channels,” said Ballister. “My goal is to help address the over-complexity of the industry today and strengthen PulsePoint’s position as the company that is cutting through the layers and truly driving the industry forward.”
Ballister served five years in the US Navy as a surface warfare officer and holds a BS in physical sciences from the U.S. Naval Academy.
PulsePoint™ is a global digital technology company committed to helping marketers and publishers gain greater audience transparency and deeper engagement across digital channels at unprecedented scale. PulsePoint’s holistic platform integrates analytic and ad-serving solutions that power predictable audience engagement across display, social, mobile, video and email. PulsePoint delivers a spectrum of services, including data management, content distribution, contextual ad exchange capabilities, RTB and social publishing. The company’s real-time, patented technology powers the digital marketing success for each of the agency holding companies and thousands of leading brands and publishers. Investors in the company include Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), DFJ Gotham Ventures, DFJ New England, Investor Growth Capital, Updata Partners and VantagePoint Capital Partners. PulsePoint is headquartered in New York, with offices across the US and the UK. For more information, please visit www.pulsepoint.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s