PulsePoint Appoints Dan Ballister As Company President
NEW YORK (September 26, 2012)– PulsePoint, a global digital technology company headquartered in New York City, today announced the appointment of Dan Ballister (pictured) as president, effective as of September 10, 2012. A digital media veteran, Ballister was selected to guide the company’s daily operations as PulsePoint continues to scale its growth strategy and deliver on its mission to power predictable audience engagement across digital channels. Ballister will report to Sloan Gaon, PulsePoint CEO.
“Dan will be instrumental in helping PulsePoint build upon its capabilities and deliver even greater levels of success to customers who depend on us for content creation, curation, distribution and monetization,” said Gaon. “His entrepreneurial spirit and extensive background in digital media will energize and inspire our team as we continue to surpass growth benchmarks month after month.”
Ballister brings 20 years of management experience to PulsePoint, most recently serving as founder and managing partner of Over The Wall Ventures, a New York-based digital media advisory and angel investment firm that specialized in advertising technology and strategy for emerging B2B and B2C businesses. Previously, Ballister was the president and chief operating officer of TRAFFIQ Inc, a direct-to-publisher media buying marketplace with a proprietary, end-to-end media management platform. Concurrently, he helped launch and operate MarketMaker Interactive, a full-service digital media agency operating in New York and Washington, DC.
Earlier in his career, Ballister served in senior management roles with several companies, including the National Basketball Association, FindWhat.com/Espotting, Go2Net/InfoSpace and Microsoft’s Sidewalk.com.
“PulsePoint has worked to create highly sophisticated technology and solutions that help CMOs, agencies and publishers find the true value within all digital channels,” said Ballister. “My goal is to help address the over-complexity of the industry today and strengthen PulsePoint’s position as the company that is cutting through the layers and truly driving the industry forward.”
Ballister served five years in the US Navy as a surface warfare officer and holds a BS in physical sciences from the U.S. Naval Academy.
PulsePoint™ is a global digital technology company committed to helping marketers and publishers gain greater audience transparency and deeper engagement across digital channels at unprecedented scale. PulsePoint’s holistic platform integrates analytic and ad-serving solutions that power predictable audience engagement across display, social, mobile, video and email. PulsePoint delivers a spectrum of services, including data management, content distribution, contextual ad exchange capabilities, RTB and social publishing. The company’s real-time, patented technology powers the digital marketing success for each of the agency holding companies and thousands of leading brands and publishers. Investors in the company include Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), DFJ Gotham Ventures, DFJ New England, Investor Growth Capital, Updata Partners and VantagePoint Capital Partners. PulsePoint is headquartered in New York, with offices across the US and the UK. For more information, please visit www.pulsepoint.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than