PulsePoint Appoints Dan Ballister As Company President
NEW YORK (September 26, 2012)– PulsePoint, a global digital technology company headquartered in New York City, today announced the appointment of Dan Ballister (pictured) as president, effective as of September 10, 2012. A digital media veteran, Ballister was selected to guide the company’s daily operations as PulsePoint continues to scale its growth strategy and deliver on its mission to power predictable audience engagement across digital channels. Ballister will report to Sloan Gaon, PulsePoint CEO.
“Dan will be instrumental in helping PulsePoint build upon its capabilities and deliver even greater levels of success to customers who depend on us for content creation, curation, distribution and monetization,” said Gaon. “His entrepreneurial spirit and extensive background in digital media will energize and inspire our team as we continue to surpass growth benchmarks month after month.”
Ballister brings 20 years of management experience to PulsePoint, most recently serving as founder and managing partner of Over The Wall Ventures, a New York-based digital media advisory and angel investment firm that specialized in advertising technology and strategy for emerging B2B and B2C businesses. Previously, Ballister was the president and chief operating officer of TRAFFIQ Inc, a direct-to-publisher media buying marketplace with a proprietary, end-to-end media management platform. Concurrently, he helped launch and operate MarketMaker Interactive, a full-service digital media agency operating in New York and Washington, DC.
Earlier in his career, Ballister served in senior management roles with several companies, including the National Basketball Association, FindWhat.com/Espotting, Go2Net/InfoSpace and Microsoft’s Sidewalk.com.
“PulsePoint has worked to create highly sophisticated technology and solutions that help CMOs, agencies and publishers find the true value within all digital channels,” said Ballister. “My goal is to help address the over-complexity of the industry today and strengthen PulsePoint’s position as the company that is cutting through the layers and truly driving the industry forward.”
Ballister served five years in the US Navy as a surface warfare officer and holds a BS in physical sciences from the U.S. Naval Academy.
PulsePoint™ is a global digital technology company committed to helping marketers and publishers gain greater audience transparency and deeper engagement across digital channels at unprecedented scale. PulsePoint’s holistic platform integrates analytic and ad-serving solutions that power predictable audience engagement across display, social, mobile, video and email. PulsePoint delivers a spectrum of services, including data management, content distribution, contextual ad exchange capabilities, RTB and social publishing. The company’s real-time, patented technology powers the digital marketing success for each of the agency holding companies and thousands of leading brands and publishers. Investors in the company include Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), DFJ Gotham Ventures, DFJ New England, Investor Growth Capital, Updata Partners and VantagePoint Capital Partners. PulsePoint is headquartered in New York, with offices across the US and the UK. For more information, please visit www.pulsepoint.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,