Pre-order iPhone 5s are Already Gone
We might well have reached the point where Apple has lost its capacity to stop info about its product launches from leaking out, but that seems to matter more in the media than in the marketplace. The entire pre-order inventory of the new iPhone 5 at the online Apple Store sold out in about an an hour.
The consumer clamoring for the iPhone 5 was predicted by Toluna QuickSurveys within hours of the Apple announcement. Its survey of 2,000 Americans found that:
- 58 percent were impressed by the new look, with consumers between the ages of 18-34 (61 percent) slightly more impressed than consumers over 35 (55 percent).
- Extended battery life was the favorite element of the new phone, followed by the enhanced processing power and speed.
- People who already own an iPhone are more likely to upgrade to the iPhone 5, with 76 percent saying they would definitely upgrade.
- Android users had a mixed response: 32 percent say they would buy it and 33 percent say they definitely would not buy the iPhone 5.
- More than half (56 percent) of Blackberry users would give up their current device for an iPhone 5.
- The biggest disappointment from the launch was the lack of wireless charging (24 percent) and not having micro-USB capability (also 24 percent).
- Pingback from iPhone 5 Release Throws Off Earth’s Rotation; Soon We’ll Be Partying with the Martians
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed