Metaresolver Unveils Data-Driven Mobile Ad Platform
SAN FRANCISCO (September 26, 2012) – Metaresolver launched its mobile advertising platform today, providing next generation mobile ad buying on a foundation of cleaner data, more efficient inventory and targeting abilities unique to mobile devices.
Metaresolver offers a mobile targeting platform that links media and marketing intelligence to consumer attributes like device model, location, content, connection and carrier. The company targets these consumers through media buying across all major mobile ad exchanges using its own demand side platform and ad servers.
The company’s first customers are performance advertisers who are making a big commitment to mobile, but finding that poor underlying data and a lack of efficient targeting make for less than predictable results. The founding team’s deep experience in mobile audience measurement, mobile advertising and mobile content yields a unique perspective on how to catapult the industry forward. Metaresolver will move mobile advertisers from tentative, inefficient media buying to embracing mobile as a trusted source for performance advertising.
Founded by Seamus McAteer and Mike Rowehl, Metaresolver boasts a team with a combined 80 years in the mobile marketing sector, and 8 exits over the past 4 years. McAteer co-founded M:Metrics, the currency provider of audience metrics in mobile which was sold to Comscore (SCOR) in 2008. He was on the board of mobile analytics companies Motally, acquired by Nokia (NOK), and Zokem, now part of Arbitron (ARB). Rowehl was the first engineer at AdMob (GOOG), and was on the launch team at Chomp (absorbed by Apple (APPL)) and Ning. The founding team also includes Cindy Mesaros, co-founder of mobile content leader Moderati. The team came together out of frustration with the rudimentary state of targeting in mobile advertising.
“Our team of digital ad veterans has been listening to predictions that next year will be the year of mobile for the past few years. It’s here, but it’s not there,” said McAteer. “The missing link is consistent high quality targeting data. We built the platform to abolish dirty data and deliver optimal performance in mobile advertising.”
Metaresolver received seed funding in March 2012 from leading seed stage funds and began working with beta clients in May. Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital led the seed round, with additional capital contributed by Lerer Ventures, Eniac Ventures and iHatch Management.
“Mobile is in the midst of an Industrial Revolution. Everything is changing all at once — how people spend their time, what tools they use, the devices and services available to them. It’s no surprise that ad spend is rapidly migrating to mobile as a result,” said Michael Dearing, founder of Harrison Metal and seed investor in mobile ad leaders like AdMob (NASDAQ – GOOG) and MoPub. “Metaresolver is an all-star team and their approach to the demand-side is going to give advertisers good reasons to invest more in mobile.”
Metaresolver is headquartered in San Francisco.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use