Metaresolver Unveils Data-Driven Mobile Ad Platform
SAN FRANCISCO (September 26, 2012) – Metaresolver launched its mobile advertising platform today, providing next generation mobile ad buying on a foundation of cleaner data, more efficient inventory and targeting abilities unique to mobile devices.
Metaresolver offers a mobile targeting platform that links media and marketing intelligence to consumer attributes like device model, location, content, connection and carrier. The company targets these consumers through media buying across all major mobile ad exchanges using its own demand side platform and ad servers.
The company’s first customers are performance advertisers who are making a big commitment to mobile, but finding that poor underlying data and a lack of efficient targeting make for less than predictable results. The founding team’s deep experience in mobile audience measurement, mobile advertising and mobile content yields a unique perspective on how to catapult the industry forward. Metaresolver will move mobile advertisers from tentative, inefficient media buying to embracing mobile as a trusted source for performance advertising.
Founded by Seamus McAteer and Mike Rowehl, Metaresolver boasts a team with a combined 80 years in the mobile marketing sector, and 8 exits over the past 4 years. McAteer co-founded M:Metrics, the currency provider of audience metrics in mobile which was sold to Comscore (SCOR) in 2008. He was on the board of mobile analytics companies Motally, acquired by Nokia (NOK), and Zokem, now part of Arbitron (ARB). Rowehl was the first engineer at AdMob (GOOG), and was on the launch team at Chomp (absorbed by Apple (APPL)) and Ning. The founding team also includes Cindy Mesaros, co-founder of mobile content leader Moderati. The team came together out of frustration with the rudimentary state of targeting in mobile advertising.
“Our team of digital ad veterans has been listening to predictions that next year will be the year of mobile for the past few years. It’s here, but it’s not there,” said McAteer. “The missing link is consistent high quality targeting data. We built the platform to abolish dirty data and deliver optimal performance in mobile advertising.”
Metaresolver received seed funding in March 2012 from leading seed stage funds and began working with beta clients in May. Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital led the seed round, with additional capital contributed by Lerer Ventures, Eniac Ventures and iHatch Management.
“Mobile is in the midst of an Industrial Revolution. Everything is changing all at once — how people spend their time, what tools they use, the devices and services available to them. It’s no surprise that ad spend is rapidly migrating to mobile as a result,” said Michael Dearing, founder of Harrison Metal and seed investor in mobile ad leaders like AdMob (NASDAQ – GOOG) and MoPub. “Metaresolver is an all-star team and their approach to the demand-side is going to give advertisers good reasons to invest more in mobile.”
Metaresolver is headquartered in San Francisco.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s round-up we see a late [...] more »
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign December 13th 2013 NEW YORK, December 13, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, global video [...] more »
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial