Marin Software and Mercent Deliver Inventory-Driven Paid Search Campaigns
SAN FRANCISCO, CA September 17, 2012 — Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced a partnership with Mercent™, a leading technology company that enables retailers to profitably reach and convert more shoppers online. Through the partnership, large brand named retailers now have the ability to link paid-search campaigns to product catalog and inventory data maintained in Mercent’s award
In the competitive and complex world of online advertising, retailers struggle to keep up with seasonal merchandise and ever-expanding product catalogs. Building out paid search campaigns manually to match products is not only time consuming, but also error prone in the face of constantly changing inventory levels and prices. Marin Software and Mercent deliver increased efficiencies and paid search campaign effectiveness and profitability for online retail advertisers.
Marin’s Dynamic Campaigns capability automates the process of generating and managing paid search campaigns based on a feed of current product inventory data. Mercent Retail™ eliminates the challenge of creating and managing complex data feeds across online promotional and sales channels that include eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, affiliate networks, comparison shopping networks, etc. Through a new turnkey export of product data from Mercent to Marin, joint customers can efficiently deploy inventory-based paid search campaigns that results in increased revenues, improved responsiveness to market changes, and greater customer satisfaction.
Additionally, through this partnership, Mercent Performance Services (Mercent’s agency arm) will leverage the Marin Software platform to manage search and social campaigns for several Mercent customers. Mercent can combine its retail online data feed, promotions and sales with Marin’s digital ad management capabilities to deliver enterprise-class search marketing services to retailers.
Marin Software provides advertisers and agencies with the world’s leading digital ad management platform for search, social, display, and mobile marketing. On average, Marin customers report financial lift of 20% or more as a result of deploying Marin.
“By integrating Mercent’s data feed with Marin Software we’re much more responsive to customer demand with our paid search campaigns,” said Chris Keating, Vice President of SEO, Conversion Optimization and Data Feedsat Performics. “Prior to deploying Marin’s Dynamic Campaigns with Mercent’s feed management technology, adjusting paid search campaigns according to inventory levels was a very challenging and time-consuming process. Now, for example, should inventory fall below a predefined level, Marin Software will automatically cease a campaign or rotate a new one in.”
“For retailers, aligning search marketing campaigns with large, ever-changing product sets is a daunting task, especially if done manually through Excel,” said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. “Marin Software automates much of the process and by partnering with Mercent retailers are able to efficiently synchronize paid search with product inventory data feeds, leading to more dynamic, revenue generating campaigns.”
Mercent Chairman and CEO Eric Best commented, “Mercent Retail™ simplifies the complexities of paid search for retail marketers, enabling them to efficiently execute campaigns that deliver true financial lift, increased time savings and deeper performance insights. We are excited to support an expanded portfolio of online retailers through our Marin Software partnership.”
About Marin Software
Marin Software provides the leading digital ad management platform, with over 1,800 brands managing more than $4 billion in annualized ad investments on Marin. Offering an integrated platform for search, social, display, and mobile marketing, Marin helps advertisers and agencies improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin’s technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com.
Through its award-winning Mercent Retail™ technology Mercent helps large brand name retailers, including 1-800-FLOWERS, the Home Shopping Network, GUESS?, L’Occitane USA and others, reach and convert online shoppers. Supported purchasing destinations include Amazon.com, Google, eBay, Bing, product ads, comparison shopping engines (CSEs), affiliate networks, social shopping sites and paid search and display advertising campaigns. The company was founded by Amazon.com veterans, is venture funded, and based in Seattle, WA. For more information, visit www.mercent.com.
- Pingback from News about SEO software issue #1 | SEO Software News
Leave a Comment
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by