Magnify.net and The AOL On Network Partner to Provide Premium Video Content, Revenue
NEW YORK (September 20, 2012) —Magnify.net, a leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to online publishers, brands, and ad networks, today announced that The AOL On Network’s vast library of nearly 420,000 high-quality videos will be available to video curators using the Magnify platform.
“We are extremely proud of the important work our video curators are doing. The volume of content on the web is growing dramatically, by some estimates from under 1 zetabyte to 35 zetabytes by 2020. This 44-fold increase over the next 10 years will completely overwhelm any current consumer content consumption behaviors. Curators are essential to discovery, organizing and contextualizing content. Until now, getting paid for curation was the hard part. Our partnership with The AOL On Network is a groundbreaking step forward in paid curation,” said Magnify.net CEO Steven Rosenbaum.
The partnership will allow Magnify.net to add more than 40 new, high-quality content sources to its existing video curation platform, including:
- Breaking: BBC News, ITN, Reuters, WSJ Live, HuffPost Live, The Daily Beast, and Newsy.
- Entertainment: Celebrity Wire, E!, Inside Edition, PopSugar, Splash News, and The Insider.
- Fashion: Elle, Style Network, Styleist, and The Label.
- Food: The Cooking Channel, Epicurious, Food Network, and Gourmet.
- Health: Prevention, The Doctors, and Fitness Guru.
- Sports: AOL Sports, Reuters Sports, Videojug Sports, and Field & Stream.
- Travel: PlumTV, Travel Channel, Travel Therapy, Travelista TV, and Voyage.tv.
- Technology: CNET, Engadget, GigaOm, Mashable, TechRadar, and Tekzilla.
The new product, called Magnify 3.0, is a major enhancement in the web’s leading video curation and publishing platform. As curation becomes a critical practice, curation monetization via premium content moves to the foreground.
“We’re always looking for new ways to gain additional exposure for our content and drive advertiser value, and this partnership helps us deliver on that mission,” said Ran Harnevo, SVP of The AOL On Network. “We’re also big believers in the power of curation, which makes Magnify’s approach to online video a natural fit for us. We see this as an important step in the evolution of how publishers and audiences will engage with online video.”
Magnify.net powers more than 90,000 curated video channels on the web, including many well-known publishers and big brand partners. Now publishers like New York Magazine and Outdoor Life can incorporate AOL On video content into their curated video offerings. For leaders in print like The Week, adding quality curated content simply makes sense.
“We’re very pleased to be leading the charge in curation,” said Michael Wolfe, Publisher of The Week. “Now with AOL On as part of our Magnify.net toolkit, we can grow our audience offering and enjoy both a new revenue stream and additional page views and time on our site.”
Magnify.net is the leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to the online publishing, brands, and ad networks. Magnify’s solutions enable websites to curate, upload, and aggregate content. We’re powered by the asset that your visitors value most, the knowledge and experience of your teams understanding and passion around your areas of expertise.
AOL Inc. is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- New Telmar Audience Effects System Bridges the Gap Between Media Strategy and Audience Buying
- MobileFuse Partners with AppNexus to Power New Programmatic Solution, MFX
- 3 Reasons Why Publishers Should Be Paying to Distribute Content
- Aberdeen Group Partners With Bombora to Offer B2B Intent Data
- Eptica Signs Global Partnership with SpiceCSM