Magnify.net and The AOL On Network Partner to Provide Premium Video Content, Revenue
NEW YORK (September 20, 2012) —Magnify.net, a leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to online publishers, brands, and ad networks, today announced that The AOL On Network’s vast library of nearly 420,000 high-quality videos will be available to video curators using the Magnify platform.
“We are extremely proud of the important work our video curators are doing. The volume of content on the web is growing dramatically, by some estimates from under 1 zetabyte to 35 zetabytes by 2020. This 44-fold increase over the next 10 years will completely overwhelm any current consumer content consumption behaviors. Curators are essential to discovery, organizing and contextualizing content. Until now, getting paid for curation was the hard part. Our partnership with The AOL On Network is a groundbreaking step forward in paid curation,” said Magnify.net CEO Steven Rosenbaum.
The partnership will allow Magnify.net to add more than 40 new, high-quality content sources to its existing video curation platform, including:
- Breaking: BBC News, ITN, Reuters, WSJ Live, HuffPost Live, The Daily Beast, and Newsy.
- Entertainment: Celebrity Wire, E!, Inside Edition, PopSugar, Splash News, and The Insider.
- Fashion: Elle, Style Network, Styleist, and The Label.
- Food: The Cooking Channel, Epicurious, Food Network, and Gourmet.
- Health: Prevention, The Doctors, and Fitness Guru.
- Sports: AOL Sports, Reuters Sports, Videojug Sports, and Field & Stream.
- Travel: PlumTV, Travel Channel, Travel Therapy, Travelista TV, and Voyage.tv.
- Technology: CNET, Engadget, GigaOm, Mashable, TechRadar, and Tekzilla.
The new product, called Magnify 3.0, is a major enhancement in the web’s leading video curation and publishing platform. As curation becomes a critical practice, curation monetization via premium content moves to the foreground.
“We’re always looking for new ways to gain additional exposure for our content and drive advertiser value, and this partnership helps us deliver on that mission,” said Ran Harnevo, SVP of The AOL On Network. “We’re also big believers in the power of curation, which makes Magnify’s approach to online video a natural fit for us. We see this as an important step in the evolution of how publishers and audiences will engage with online video.”
Magnify.net powers more than 90,000 curated video channels on the web, including many well-known publishers and big brand partners. Now publishers like New York Magazine and Outdoor Life can incorporate AOL On video content into their curated video offerings. For leaders in print like The Week, adding quality curated content simply makes sense.
“We’re very pleased to be leading the charge in curation,” said Michael Wolfe, Publisher of The Week. “Now with AOL On as part of our Magnify.net toolkit, we can grow our audience offering and enjoy both a new revenue stream and additional page views and time on our site.”
Magnify.net is the leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to the online publishing, brands, and ad networks. Magnify’s solutions enable websites to curate, upload, and aggregate content. We’re powered by the asset that your visitors value most, the knowledge and experience of your teams understanding and passion around your areas of expertise.
AOL Inc. is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran