Magnify.net and The AOL On Network Partner to Provide Premium Video Content, Revenue
NEW YORK (September 20, 2012) —Magnify.net, a leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to online publishers, brands, and ad networks, today announced that The AOL On Network’s vast library of nearly 420,000 high-quality videos will be available to video curators using the Magnify platform.
“We are extremely proud of the important work our video curators are doing. The volume of content on the web is growing dramatically, by some estimates from under 1 zetabyte to 35 zetabytes by 2020. This 44-fold increase over the next 10 years will completely overwhelm any current consumer content consumption behaviors. Curators are essential to discovery, organizing and contextualizing content. Until now, getting paid for curation was the hard part. Our partnership with The AOL On Network is a groundbreaking step forward in paid curation,” said Magnify.net CEO Steven Rosenbaum.
The partnership will allow Magnify.net to add more than 40 new, high-quality content sources to its existing video curation platform, including:
- Breaking: BBC News, ITN, Reuters, WSJ Live, HuffPost Live, The Daily Beast, and Newsy.
- Entertainment: Celebrity Wire, E!, Inside Edition, PopSugar, Splash News, and The Insider.
- Fashion: Elle, Style Network, Styleist, and The Label.
- Food: The Cooking Channel, Epicurious, Food Network, and Gourmet.
- Health: Prevention, The Doctors, and Fitness Guru.
- Sports: AOL Sports, Reuters Sports, Videojug Sports, and Field & Stream.
- Travel: PlumTV, Travel Channel, Travel Therapy, Travelista TV, and Voyage.tv.
- Technology: CNET, Engadget, GigaOm, Mashable, TechRadar, and Tekzilla.
The new product, called Magnify 3.0, is a major enhancement in the web’s leading video curation and publishing platform. As curation becomes a critical practice, curation monetization via premium content moves to the foreground.
“We’re always looking for new ways to gain additional exposure for our content and drive advertiser value, and this partnership helps us deliver on that mission,” said Ran Harnevo, SVP of The AOL On Network. “We’re also big believers in the power of curation, which makes Magnify’s approach to online video a natural fit for us. We see this as an important step in the evolution of how publishers and audiences will engage with online video.”
Magnify.net powers more than 90,000 curated video channels on the web, including many well-known publishers and big brand partners. Now publishers like New York Magazine and Outdoor Life can incorporate AOL On video content into their curated video offerings. For leaders in print like The Week, adding quality curated content simply makes sense.
“We’re very pleased to be leading the charge in curation,” said Michael Wolfe, Publisher of The Week. “Now with AOL On as part of our Magnify.net toolkit, we can grow our audience offering and enjoy both a new revenue stream and additional page views and time on our site.”
Magnify.net is the leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to the online publishing, brands, and ad networks. Magnify’s solutions enable websites to curate, upload, and aggregate content. We’re powered by the asset that your visitors value most, the knowledge and experience of your teams understanding and passion around your areas of expertise.
AOL Inc. is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought
- Sean Eisner: Ho Hum--hundreds of supposed review verification marks out there already, including UK-based "TrustMark" which sounds
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record | MineralSpas.org: [...] Permalink [...]
- Michael Durwin: Another title for this article might be Advertisers Are Finding Better Engagements of Female Through