Key Reading Material from the Shop.org Annual Summit
Dan Darnell, VP of Marketing for Baynote, was among the attendees and offered this verbal snapshot of the proceedings: “Shop.org 2012 demonstrated the necessity for retailers to execute an omni-channel strategy that seamlessly integrates all consumer touchpoints. While digital plays an important role in this strategy, brick-and-mortar stores still have their place. Companies must bridge the digital and physical worlds to create a cohesive customer experience and to increase chances for success.”
Baynote also covered the summit extensively on its blog:
- “The Top 5 Things you Missed at Shop.org” (key takeaways from the conference).
- “It’s All About the People” (highlights of keynote speeches by David Walmsley, Multichannel Development Director for Marks & Spencer, and Jamie Nordstrom, President of Nordstrom Direct, which proffered that without customers and staff, technology would be the proverbial tree falling in the forest).
- “Episode 3: The Stores Strike Back” (coverage of Toys R Us CEO Jerry Storch’s keynote speech about why brick-and-mortar stores remain crucial for retailers).
- Pingback from September Personalization Round Up | Baynote
Leave a Comment
- Does Your Company Have a Chief Localization Officer?
- AdTheorent’s Travel & Tourism Industry Mobile Ad Performance Analyses
- The Next Stage of Programmatic: Uniting Brand CMOs with Publisher CROs
- Toi’s iOS App Genee Launches into Public Beta
- Stephen Pickens, VP at Kre8 Media, Is Moderator at OMMA Attribution Event; Marcelo Ferreira Is Co-CEO of RevMob; Paul Grueber and Sunil Bhagwan Join AppsFlyer