iPhone 5 Release Throws Off Earth’s Rotation; Soon We’ll Be Partying with the Martians
- Perhaps the most interesting — and puzzling, if you’re not among those whose thirst for Apple Kool-Aid is unquenchable — is the consumer frenzy the new iPhone has set off. We all know by now that Apple’s pre-order batch sold out in about an hour. Now comes a report from Apple Insider that people are already lining up outside the Apple Store on New York’s Fifth Avenue to buy the next gen iPhone, which won’t be available for four days. (If you’re one of those people, please add these things to your “to do” list while you’re waiting: Get a life, sell it, and use the proceeds to buy a clue.)
- In our post last week via the good people at Fiksu, we reported on how the arrival of the iPhone 5 heralds a huge mobile app marketing opportunity for brands. ClickZ took a different tack, explaining how mobile app marketers were also going to be working hard on tweaking existing apps to conform to the phone’s new larger screen size. Damn you, 16:9 aspect ratio!
- Meanwhile, Laptop is has assembled a list of “5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade to the iPhone 5.” Blasphemy!
- And last, but certainly most compelling, is AdWeek’s report on how the iPhone’s Passbook, a digital wallet designed to compete with Google Wallet, “could push forward — finally — the long-ballyhooed, shop-with-your-phone, mobile-coupon-future many have been dreaming of.” Hmmm … perhaps I’ll pick up some Shower to Shower and head on over to Fifth Avenue after all. See ya Friday!
If you can afford an iPhone, then you can afford to wait in line, or pay someone to wait in line for you. Some of the people waiting in line are probably planning to resell them to people who must have an iPhone 5 on September 21st. Personally, I can wait a week or two longer for FedEx.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]