iPhone 5 Release Throws Off Earth’s Rotation; Soon We’ll Be Partying with the Martians
- Perhaps the most interesting — and puzzling, if you’re not among those whose thirst for Apple Kool-Aid is unquenchable — is the consumer frenzy the new iPhone has set off. We all know by now that Apple’s pre-order batch sold out in about an hour. Now comes a report from Apple Insider that people are already lining up outside the Apple Store on New York’s Fifth Avenue to buy the next gen iPhone, which won’t be available for four days. (If you’re one of those people, please add these things to your “to do” list while you’re waiting: Get a life, sell it, and use the proceeds to buy a clue.)
- In our post last week via the good people at Fiksu, we reported on how the arrival of the iPhone 5 heralds a huge mobile app marketing opportunity for brands. ClickZ took a different tack, explaining how mobile app marketers were also going to be working hard on tweaking existing apps to conform to the phone’s new larger screen size. Damn you, 16:9 aspect ratio!
- Meanwhile, Laptop is has assembled a list of “5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade to the iPhone 5.” Blasphemy!
- And last, but certainly most compelling, is AdWeek’s report on how the iPhone’s Passbook, a digital wallet designed to compete with Google Wallet, “could push forward — finally — the long-ballyhooed, shop-with-your-phone, mobile-coupon-future many have been dreaming of.” Hmmm … perhaps I’ll pick up some Shower to Shower and head on over to Fifth Avenue after all. See ya Friday!
If you can afford an iPhone, then you can afford to wait in line, or pay someone to wait in line for you. Some of the people waiting in line are probably planning to resell them to people who must have an iPhone 5 on September 21st. Personally, I can wait a week or two longer for FedEx. :)
Leave a Comment
- Neustar Collaborates with Nielsen: Bringing Digital Campaign Measurement to PlatformOne™
- Warning: The Danger of Treating Online Content Like Offline
- An Intelligent Content Engine: The Release of Lyris Predictive Personalization
- Preparing For Cross-Channel Success: Solving the Identity Puzzle
- Project ZeroBot: Making Clicks Real