Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing CMO Dashboard
With the ever-changing landscape of modern-day marketing, it’s becoming more difficult for marketing executives to attain the level of visibility and insight into the marketing activities in their organizations. Digital content is being shared throughout various mediums at all times and marketing professionals need a unified tool that displays all activity within their company.
Often times, brand consistency can be an area of weakness when it comes to a company’s CMO dashboard. Executives tend to channel their energy on how to better manage their company and compete in the industry. And, although many key business processes have been perfected through new operational tools, brand management has widely been forgotten.
A brand- and creative-oriented CMO dashboard fills this brand management need. To be successful, any CMO dashboard needs to visually show upcoming plans and past campaigns across all channels. To run a brand by only looking at marketing spend and high-concept PowerPoints is like driving a car at night with no lights. CMOs need to see the live in-work and in-market creative work that is driving the brand.
But for a CMO-dashboard to be possible, three things need to happen.
- All digital content needs to be centralized in an easily accessible and viewable format.
- Sufficient metadata for all content and channels needs to be captured to enable the analytics that the dashboard needs to provide for effective decision-making.
- Common security and workflow practices need to be defined to enable the wide variety of creative teams to all happily deliver content into the system that powers the CMO dashboard.
With a real-time CMO dashboard showing how content is being used in the different marketing channels, executives are able to make more informed decisions about complex multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaigns.
A CMO dashboard also provides an important unifying view of the digital content and the creative processes. Not only does it enable more executive insight, it also gives teams the opportunity to communicate across departmental silos and encourage other groups to efficiently organize and manage their content. Visibility into the successes created by eliminating silos and improving communication creates the motivation and commitment for greater future success.
- Pingback from Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing ... - ADOTASBrand It Or Die!
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than