Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing CMO Dashboard
With the ever-changing landscape of modern-day marketing, it’s becoming more difficult for marketing executives to attain the level of visibility and insight into the marketing activities in their organizations. Digital content is being shared throughout various mediums at all times and marketing professionals need a unified tool that displays all activity within their company.
Often times, brand consistency can be an area of weakness when it comes to a company’s CMO dashboard. Executives tend to channel their energy on how to better manage their company and compete in the industry. And, although many key business processes have been perfected through new operational tools, brand management has widely been forgotten.
A brand- and creative-oriented CMO dashboard fills this brand management need. To be successful, any CMO dashboard needs to visually show upcoming plans and past campaigns across all channels. To run a brand by only looking at marketing spend and high-concept PowerPoints is like driving a car at night with no lights. CMOs need to see the live in-work and in-market creative work that is driving the brand.
But for a CMO-dashboard to be possible, three things need to happen.
- All digital content needs to be centralized in an easily accessible and viewable format.
- Sufficient metadata for all content and channels needs to be captured to enable the analytics that the dashboard needs to provide for effective decision-making.
- Common security and workflow practices need to be defined to enable the wide variety of creative teams to all happily deliver content into the system that powers the CMO dashboard.
With a real-time CMO dashboard showing how content is being used in the different marketing channels, executives are able to make more informed decisions about complex multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaigns.
A CMO dashboard also provides an important unifying view of the digital content and the creative processes. Not only does it enable more executive insight, it also gives teams the opportunity to communicate across departmental silos and encourage other groups to efficiently organize and manage their content. Visibility into the successes created by eliminating silos and improving communication creates the motivation and commitment for greater future success.
- Pingback from Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing ... - ADOTASBrand It Or Die!
Leave a Comment
- Game, [Data] Set, Match: How Deep Learning Turned Sci-Fi-esque Predictive Intelligence Into Reality
- Growth of Location-Based Mobile Video Ads Is 2016′s Top Mobile Ad Trend
- Social Media Ads: What’s New, What’s Next
- Idomoo: Empowering Dynamic Video Ads on Facebook
- Want Programmatic to Work for Tech Marketing? Dismiss everything you’ve heard!