More articles by Clarence Sheridan
Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing CMO Dashboard
With the ever-changing landscape of modern-day marketing, it’s becoming more difficult for marketing executives to attain the level of visibility and insight into the marketing activities in their organizations. Digital content is being shared throughout various mediums at all times and marketing professionals need a unified tool that displays all activity within their company.
Often times, brand consistency can be an area of weakness when it comes to a company’s CMO dashboard. Executives tend to channel their energy on how to better manage their company and compete in the industry. And, although many key business processes have been perfected through new operational tools, brand management has widely been forgotten.
A brand- and creative-oriented CMO dashboard fills this brand management need. To be successful, any CMO dashboard needs to visually show upcoming plans and past campaigns across all channels. To run a brand by only looking at marketing spend and high-concept PowerPoints is like driving a car at night with no lights. CMOs need to see the live in-work and in-market creative work that is driving the brand.
But for a CMO-dashboard to be possible, three things need to happen.
- All digital content needs to be centralized in an easily accessible and viewable format.
- Sufficient metadata for all content and channels needs to be captured to enable the analytics that the dashboard needs to provide for effective decision-making.
- Common security and workflow practices need to be defined to enable the wide variety of creative teams to all happily deliver content into the system that powers the CMO dashboard.
With a real-time CMO dashboard showing how content is being used in the different marketing channels, executives are able to make more informed decisions about complex multi-channel, multi-touch marketing campaigns.
A CMO dashboard also provides an important unifying view of the digital content and the creative processes. Not only does it enable more executive insight, it also gives teams the opportunity to communicate across departmental silos and encourage other groups to efficiently organize and manage their content. Visibility into the successes created by eliminating silos and improving communication creates the motivation and commitment for greater future success.
- Pingback from Global Brand Governance: How Content Management Delivers the Missing ... - ADOTASBrand It Or Die!
Leave a Comment
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by