Fingerhut M-shoppers Get Familiar Site: Moovweb
San Francisco, CA (September 17, 2012) – Moovweb, the world’s first agile Web mobile platform, today announced that Bluestem Brands, a multi-brand, multi-channel retailer of a broad selection of name brand and private label general merchandise, has experienced dramatic improvements in their mobile channels for their Fingerhut and Gettington.com brands with two new sites powered by the Moovweb cloud-based mobile platform. In the initial weeks after launch, both sites have experienced over 20-percent improvement in conversions, pages per visit, average length of visit and revenue per visit.
The Fingerhut and Gettington.com brands serve customers who have lower household incomes but use smartphones. Many of these consumers have skipped the wired Internet altogether, making their sole access point to the Internet through their mobile devices. Creating a powerful mobile experience becomes imperative for these consumers, who will quickly abandon a site that isn’t tailored for quick searching, shopping and buying.
“We were seeing a significant shift in traffic and revenue originating from mobile devices,” stated Mark Redetzke, vice president of eCommerce and digital marketing for Bluestem Brands. “We needed to respond with a flexible, scalable mobile solution that leveraged our existing investments. The Moovweb platform gave us the fastest time to market, the simplest way to manage our mobile solutions, along with a blueprint for the future that empowers us to innovate faster.”
The Fingerhut and Gettington.com mobile sites offer consumers a tailored experience on which they can easily search, shop for and purchase merchandise. The result is streamlined shopping that makes it faster to find products and quick to purchase. In creating the mobile experience, developers did not have to change any of desktop site content or back-end functions like search, the shopping cart and checkout. The mobile site was created in a matter of days using the Moovweb platform that virtualizes front-end development without touching any back-end code. Moovweb’s unique “perfect proxy” approach transforms the desktop site in real time, which enables 100 percent of desktop Web assets to be used on mobile sites and apps without the extra cost and wasted time needed to rewrite the entire site for mobile devices.
Continued Mr. Redetzke: “We considered building a native app but rejected that idea in favor of mobilizing our current desktop sites for cost and time to market reasons. A native app would not have shown up on search results, limiting our ability to attract new customers. We also needed a consistent consumer experience between our desktop and mobile sites, which we have achieved in record time with Moovweb. Since we went live with the Moovweb-based sites, we have not received a single negative comment or call from our customers about their mobile experience, which is a testament to the fantastic interfaces that have been delivered.”
“Retailers like Bluestem Brands are moving to next generation, cloud-based mobile platforms to accelerate innovation in an affordable delivery model,” said Mitch Bishop, chief marketing officer for Moovweb. “The results have been extremely positive as brands experience dramatic improvements in mobile channel customer engagement and business results.”
Moovweb is a cloud-based platform that empowers organizations to very quickly leverage a single set of Web investments to create powerful mobile customer experiences. The Moovweb Agile Web™ solution is transformational for businesses that need to innovate faster and drive extreme results through their mobile channels. The platform also offers developers, design agencies and systems integrators a set of powerful tools to radically shorten delivery times for compelling mobile sites and hybrid apps. All of this is built on a highly available, secure, ultra-high performance cloud infrastructure. Moovweb powers some of the highest volume mobile sites, apps and tablet applications in the world, including: Macy’s, Chico’s, Walmart, Accenture, 1-800-FLOWERS, TicketWeb, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Under Armour and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco.
Moovweb® is a registered trademarks of Moov Corp. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than