Fingerhut M-shoppers Get Familiar Site: Moovweb
San Francisco, CA (September 17, 2012) – Moovweb, the world’s first agile Web mobile platform, today announced that Bluestem Brands, a multi-brand, multi-channel retailer of a broad selection of name brand and private label general merchandise, has experienced dramatic improvements in their mobile channels for their Fingerhut and Gettington.com brands with two new sites powered by the Moovweb cloud-based mobile platform. In the initial weeks after launch, both sites have experienced over 20-percent improvement in conversions, pages per visit, average length of visit and revenue per visit.
The Fingerhut and Gettington.com brands serve customers who have lower household incomes but use smartphones. Many of these consumers have skipped the wired Internet altogether, making their sole access point to the Internet through their mobile devices. Creating a powerful mobile experience becomes imperative for these consumers, who will quickly abandon a site that isn’t tailored for quick searching, shopping and buying.
“We were seeing a significant shift in traffic and revenue originating from mobile devices,” stated Mark Redetzke, vice president of eCommerce and digital marketing for Bluestem Brands. “We needed to respond with a flexible, scalable mobile solution that leveraged our existing investments. The Moovweb platform gave us the fastest time to market, the simplest way to manage our mobile solutions, along with a blueprint for the future that empowers us to innovate faster.”
The Fingerhut and Gettington.com mobile sites offer consumers a tailored experience on which they can easily search, shop for and purchase merchandise. The result is streamlined shopping that makes it faster to find products and quick to purchase. In creating the mobile experience, developers did not have to change any of desktop site content or back-end functions like search, the shopping cart and checkout. The mobile site was created in a matter of days using the Moovweb platform that virtualizes front-end development without touching any back-end code. Moovweb’s unique “perfect proxy” approach transforms the desktop site in real time, which enables 100 percent of desktop Web assets to be used on mobile sites and apps without the extra cost and wasted time needed to rewrite the entire site for mobile devices.
Continued Mr. Redetzke: “We considered building a native app but rejected that idea in favor of mobilizing our current desktop sites for cost and time to market reasons. A native app would not have shown up on search results, limiting our ability to attract new customers. We also needed a consistent consumer experience between our desktop and mobile sites, which we have achieved in record time with Moovweb. Since we went live with the Moovweb-based sites, we have not received a single negative comment or call from our customers about their mobile experience, which is a testament to the fantastic interfaces that have been delivered.”
“Retailers like Bluestem Brands are moving to next generation, cloud-based mobile platforms to accelerate innovation in an affordable delivery model,” said Mitch Bishop, chief marketing officer for Moovweb. “The results have been extremely positive as brands experience dramatic improvements in mobile channel customer engagement and business results.”
Moovweb is a cloud-based platform that empowers organizations to very quickly leverage a single set of Web investments to create powerful mobile customer experiences. The Moovweb Agile Web™ solution is transformational for businesses that need to innovate faster and drive extreme results through their mobile channels. The platform also offers developers, design agencies and systems integrators a set of powerful tools to radically shorten delivery times for compelling mobile sites and hybrid apps. All of this is built on a highly available, secure, ultra-high performance cloud infrastructure. Moovweb powers some of the highest volume mobile sites, apps and tablet applications in the world, including: Macy’s, Chico’s, Walmart, Accenture, 1-800-FLOWERS, TicketWeb, Golfsmith, Vitacost, Under Armour and dozens of others. Moovweb is headquartered in San Francisco.
Moovweb® is a registered trademarks of Moov Corp. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really