Ex-Weather Channel CEO Mike Kelly Joins Board at Unruly
LONDON & NEW YORK (September 17, 2012) — Unruly, the award-winning global technology platform for social video advertising, today announced the appointment of Mike Kelly as Non-Executive Director. He will join Unruly’s board in that capacity immediately.
Kelly is a veteran media executive, industry leader and recognized expert on digital and cross platform media and advertising. Most recently, he was CEO and President of The Weather Channel Companies. Prior to that, he was a Senior Advisor at Veronis Suhler Stevenson, a private equity fund specializing in media investments. He has served on the boards of several high-growth digital media companies including MediaMind, a leading digital media services company. From 2000 to 2007, Kelly was President of AOL Media Networks, President of Time Warner Global Marketing and Co-founder/CEO of American Town Network.
“Mike has fantastic experience and amazing connections. We’re really lucky to have secured him,” said Unruly Co-founder and Group CEO Scott Button. “As the lead non-executive director on the board, he’ll ensure we’re running a tight ship and provide guidance on corporate strategy,” he added.
In addition to his professional credentials, Kelly is an officer of the American Advertising Federation and has served on the board and Executive Committee of The Advertising Council. He is also Founder of The Kelly Gang, a non-profit organization that benefits grass roots charities.
For more information about Unruly’s global social video platform and how it benefits brands and advertisers, please visit http://www.unrulymedia.com/.
Founded in 2006 and with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Sydney, Unruly is the global platform for social video advertising.
Using our proprietary technology platform, MEME (Media Engagement and Measurement Engine), we have delivered, tracked and audited 1.65 billion video views, across 2,000+ successful social video campaigns, for over 400 brands since 2007. Milestone campaigns include T-Mobile’s Life’s for Sharing series, Evian’s global Roller Babies hit, Old Spice’s “Man Your Man Could Smell Like” campaign and Coca-Cola’s Happiness series.
With a global audience of 917 million monthly unique visitors, Unruly has a worldwide reach of 62.1% (Comscore, Media Metrix, April 2012). The Unruly player has been specifically developed to function across all mobile and tablet devices, enabling brands to engage customers wherever they are and whatever device they’re using, across social environments including niche passion blogs, Facebook applications and video discovery platforms.
Unruly serves Fortune 100 brands and their agencies with social video advertising campaigns, exclusive proprietary data and consumer insight.
During 2011-2012, Unruly won the UK National Business Awards’ “Growth Strategy of the Year” and the Chamber Awards’ “UK Business of the Year.” Founder and Group CEO Scott Button was also named “Digital Innovator of the Year” by the Growing Business Awards and COO Sarah Wood was crowned “Female Entrepreneur of the Year” by the Fast Growth Business Awards. Unruly CEO Scott Button won Ernst & Young’s Emerging Entrepreneur of The Year award in June 2012.
In January 2012, Unruly announced a $25M Series A investment from Amadeus Capital Partners, Van den Ende & Deitmers and the Business Growth Fund – the largest ever for a private company in the social video space.
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders to [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and