Digitas Hires Digital SVP Media Strategist Adam Shlachter
NEW YORK (September 18, 2012) — Digitas, the leading global integrated brand agency with digital at its core, announced the hire of Adam Shlachter, formerly of MEC, as Senior Vice President, Media at Digitas New York. Shlachter will lead media for the American Express Global Advertising & Brand Management team as the New York Media Capability Lead, and in addition lead digital video media work for North America. Shlachter will report to Carl Fremont, Executive Vice President/Global Media Director, Digitas.
“We created the role of digital video media lead recognizing the critical importance in the close marriage between video content creation and distribution. Adam is tailor-made for this position as a proven strategic and tactical leader with over 14 years of experience developing integrated digital marketing programs and solutions across all media platforms,” states Fremont. “His expertise in digital, cross-channel and emerging media will be invaluable for our team and ultimately in the work we do for our clients.”
Shlachter joins Digitas from MEC where he was Managing Partner, Digital Practice Lead. During his tenure at MEC he worked with key US clients including Macy’s, Pizza Hut, KFC, IKEA, Campbell’s, Novartis, Scotts Miracle-Gro and Virgin Atlantic, and also spearheaded MEC’s digital trading initiatives.
Prior to joining MEC, Adam spent three years at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in various interactive advertising and marketing roles. Earlier in his career, at Lowe & Partners and JWT, Adam worked with a variety of top brands in the interactive space, including Marriott Hotels, Heineken, Amstel Light, Novel and T. Rowe Price.
Adam is a member of the AD Club, Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and a frequent contributor to various industry publications and conferences. His 2011 accolades include being named to the Board of Directors of the 212 Interactive Advertising Club, receiving the President Award from the AD Club and being honored by Young Audiences New York for his influence and resource in the digital media industry.
In related news, The VivaKi Nerve Center announced today that it has named Chris Paul General Manager of Audience On Demand™ (AOD). In this role, Paul will oversee and drive the strategic vision for the AOD suite of solutions. Prior to his elevation to the Nerve Center, Paul led the American Express media team at Digitas.
- Pingback from Knews Feed » Andy Plesser: The "Second Phase of Online Video" is All About Metadata, RAMP's Tom Wilde
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than