Digitas Hires Digital SVP Media Strategist Adam Shlachter
NEW YORK (September 18, 2012) — Digitas, the leading global integrated brand agency with digital at its core, announced the hire of Adam Shlachter, formerly of MEC, as Senior Vice President, Media at Digitas New York. Shlachter will lead media for the American Express Global Advertising & Brand Management team as the New York Media Capability Lead, and in addition lead digital video media work for North America. Shlachter will report to Carl Fremont, Executive Vice President/Global Media Director, Digitas.
“We created the role of digital video media lead recognizing the critical importance in the close marriage between video content creation and distribution. Adam is tailor-made for this position as a proven strategic and tactical leader with over 14 years of experience developing integrated digital marketing programs and solutions across all media platforms,” states Fremont. “His expertise in digital, cross-channel and emerging media will be invaluable for our team and ultimately in the work we do for our clients.”
Shlachter joins Digitas from MEC where he was Managing Partner, Digital Practice Lead. During his tenure at MEC he worked with key US clients including Macy’s, Pizza Hut, KFC, IKEA, Campbell’s, Novartis, Scotts Miracle-Gro and Virgin Atlantic, and also spearheaded MEC’s digital trading initiatives.
Prior to joining MEC, Adam spent three years at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in various interactive advertising and marketing roles. Earlier in his career, at Lowe & Partners and JWT, Adam worked with a variety of top brands in the interactive space, including Marriott Hotels, Heineken, Amstel Light, Novel and T. Rowe Price.
Adam is a member of the AD Club, Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and a frequent contributor to various industry publications and conferences. His 2011 accolades include being named to the Board of Directors of the 212 Interactive Advertising Club, receiving the President Award from the AD Club and being honored by Young Audiences New York for his influence and resource in the digital media industry.
In related news, The VivaKi Nerve Center announced today that it has named Chris Paul General Manager of Audience On Demand™ (AOD). In this role, Paul will oversee and drive the strategic vision for the AOD suite of solutions. Prior to his elevation to the Nerve Center, Paul led the American Express media team at Digitas.
- Pingback from Knews Feed » Andy Plesser: The "Second Phase of Online Video" is All About Metadata, RAMP's Tom Wilde
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]