Digitas Hires Digital SVP Media Strategist Adam Shlachter
NEW YORK (September 18, 2012) — Digitas, the leading global integrated brand agency with digital at its core, announced the hire of Adam Shlachter, formerly of MEC, as Senior Vice President, Media at Digitas New York. Shlachter will lead media for the American Express Global Advertising & Brand Management team as the New York Media Capability Lead, and in addition lead digital video media work for North America. Shlachter will report to Carl Fremont, Executive Vice President/Global Media Director, Digitas.
“We created the role of digital video media lead recognizing the critical importance in the close marriage between video content creation and distribution. Adam is tailor-made for this position as a proven strategic and tactical leader with over 14 years of experience developing integrated digital marketing programs and solutions across all media platforms,” states Fremont. “His expertise in digital, cross-channel and emerging media will be invaluable for our team and ultimately in the work we do for our clients.”
Shlachter joins Digitas from MEC where he was Managing Partner, Digital Practice Lead. During his tenure at MEC he worked with key US clients including Macy’s, Pizza Hut, KFC, IKEA, Campbell’s, Novartis, Scotts Miracle-Gro and Virgin Atlantic, and also spearheaded MEC’s digital trading initiatives.
Prior to joining MEC, Adam spent three years at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in various interactive advertising and marketing roles. Earlier in his career, at Lowe & Partners and JWT, Adam worked with a variety of top brands in the interactive space, including Marriott Hotels, Heineken, Amstel Light, Novel and T. Rowe Price.
Adam is a member of the AD Club, Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and a frequent contributor to various industry publications and conferences. His 2011 accolades include being named to the Board of Directors of the 212 Interactive Advertising Club, receiving the President Award from the AD Club and being honored by Young Audiences New York for his influence and resource in the digital media industry.
In related news, The VivaKi Nerve Center announced today that it has named Chris Paul General Manager of Audience On Demand™ (AOD). In this role, Paul will oversee and drive the strategic vision for the AOD suite of solutions. Prior to his elevation to the Nerve Center, Paul led the American Express media team at Digitas.
- Pingback from Knews Feed » Andy Plesser: The "Second Phase of Online Video" is All About Metadata, RAMP's Tom Wilde
Leave a Comment
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that