AddThis Launches Purchase-Based Audiences for Targeting and Site Optimization
MCLEAN, Va. (September 19, 2012) – AddThis, the largest sharing platform on the open web, today announced new and updated sharing tools to enhance the social sharing experience for users, and to arm publishers with improved capabilities for driving visitor engagement. In testing, the improved functionalities and change in layout increased sharing by 11 percent as it allows readers to easily share, delete, and re-share across the 300+ services that AddThis provides to more than 14 million websites.
“Understanding what our readers share most frequently allows us to continue to create the best content that will engage our audiences every time they visit our site. Shares are a critical engagement metric for International Business Times, as they provide insight into the attributes and behaviors of our biggest brand advocates,” said James DiGioia, social media coordinator. “The new capabilities of the AddThis tool will further optimize the sharing process for our audience, helping us to better improve our content and enhance the user experience.”
Enhancements available to the 14 million sites that use the AddThis platform include:
- Instant sharing: Visitors can share a publisher’s content without leaving the page. This increases the likelihood that the user stays on the site and continues reading.
- Integrated with Social Sign In: A site’s readers can now sign-in to a website using their existing social credentials from Google, Facebook, or Twitter. This eliminates the hassle of unique registrations at each site they visit, providing a more personalized experience for visitors while providing publishers with the ability to create more personalized and intimate content.
- Deploy once, works everywhere: Whether a reader is viewing a page from a tablet, mobile phone or desktop, AddThis provides publishers with one code that works seamlessly across the board.
- More personalized sharing: Supporting 70+ languages and 300+ services, the latest sharing tools are optimized to show the right services, at the right time, to the right users. If a reader is more likely to share on Twitter vs. Facebook, AddThis will position Twitter higher in the sharing menu.
“Sharing, like search, is one of the key indicators of consumer intent on the Internet,” said Ramsey McGrory, CEO of AddThis. “The breadth and depth of our presence on the web gives us a unique perspective into the social habits and preferences of consumers. We apply these insights to create more effective and efficient social solutions for publishers and brands, essentially making social engagement easier for users.”
For more details on the on the update, please visit the AddThis blog here.
AddThis is the leader in socially connecting publishers, services and advertisers to audiences on the open web. Reaching more than 1.3 billion unique users monthly, AddThis’ social tools and analytics are used on more than 14 million unique domains to distribute and track digital content such as web pages, widgets, and videos to social networks, bookmarking sites, blogs, and more. AddThis’ proprietary XGraph data technology processes 70 percent of the world’s web traffic to deliver real-time insights, data-driven tools, and high-performing audience products. Visit addthis.com to learn more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]