AddThis Launches Purchase-Based Audiences for Targeting and Site Optimization
MCLEAN, Va. (September 19, 2012) – AddThis, the largest sharing platform on the open web, today announced new and updated sharing tools to enhance the social sharing experience for users, and to arm publishers with improved capabilities for driving visitor engagement. In testing, the improved functionalities and change in layout increased sharing by 11 percent as it allows readers to easily share, delete, and re-share across the 300+ services that AddThis provides to more than 14 million websites.
“Understanding what our readers share most frequently allows us to continue to create the best content that will engage our audiences every time they visit our site. Shares are a critical engagement metric for International Business Times, as they provide insight into the attributes and behaviors of our biggest brand advocates,” said James DiGioia, social media coordinator. “The new capabilities of the AddThis tool will further optimize the sharing process for our audience, helping us to better improve our content and enhance the user experience.”
Enhancements available to the 14 million sites that use the AddThis platform include:
- Instant sharing: Visitors can share a publisher’s content without leaving the page. This increases the likelihood that the user stays on the site and continues reading.
- Integrated with Social Sign In: A site’s readers can now sign-in to a website using their existing social credentials from Google, Facebook, or Twitter. This eliminates the hassle of unique registrations at each site they visit, providing a more personalized experience for visitors while providing publishers with the ability to create more personalized and intimate content.
- Deploy once, works everywhere: Whether a reader is viewing a page from a tablet, mobile phone or desktop, AddThis provides publishers with one code that works seamlessly across the board.
- More personalized sharing: Supporting 70+ languages and 300+ services, the latest sharing tools are optimized to show the right services, at the right time, to the right users. If a reader is more likely to share on Twitter vs. Facebook, AddThis will position Twitter higher in the sharing menu.
“Sharing, like search, is one of the key indicators of consumer intent on the Internet,” said Ramsey McGrory, CEO of AddThis. “The breadth and depth of our presence on the web gives us a unique perspective into the social habits and preferences of consumers. We apply these insights to create more effective and efficient social solutions for publishers and brands, essentially making social engagement easier for users.”
For more details on the on the update, please visit the AddThis blog here.
AddThis is the leader in socially connecting publishers, services and advertisers to audiences on the open web. Reaching more than 1.3 billion unique users monthly, AddThis’ social tools and analytics are used on more than 14 million unique domains to distribute and track digital content such as web pages, widgets, and videos to social networks, bookmarking sites, blogs, and more. AddThis’ proprietary XGraph data technology processes 70 percent of the world’s web traffic to deliver real-time insights, data-driven tools, and high-performing audience products. Visit addthis.com to learn more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing the Xbox One, we posted the results of