AddThis Launches Purchase-Based Audiences for Targeting and Site Optimization
MCLEAN, Va. (September 19, 2012) – AddThis, the largest sharing platform on the open web, today announced new and updated sharing tools to enhance the social sharing experience for users, and to arm publishers with improved capabilities for driving visitor engagement. In testing, the improved functionalities and change in layout increased sharing by 11 percent as it allows readers to easily share, delete, and re-share across the 300+ services that AddThis provides to more than 14 million websites.
“Understanding what our readers share most frequently allows us to continue to create the best content that will engage our audiences every time they visit our site. Shares are a critical engagement metric for International Business Times, as they provide insight into the attributes and behaviors of our biggest brand advocates,” said James DiGioia, social media coordinator. “The new capabilities of the AddThis tool will further optimize the sharing process for our audience, helping us to better improve our content and enhance the user experience.”
Enhancements available to the 14 million sites that use the AddThis platform include:
- Instant sharing: Visitors can share a publisher’s content without leaving the page. This increases the likelihood that the user stays on the site and continues reading.
- Integrated with Social Sign In: A site’s readers can now sign-in to a website using their existing social credentials from Google, Facebook, or Twitter. This eliminates the hassle of unique registrations at each site they visit, providing a more personalized experience for visitors while providing publishers with the ability to create more personalized and intimate content.
- Deploy once, works everywhere: Whether a reader is viewing a page from a tablet, mobile phone or desktop, AddThis provides publishers with one code that works seamlessly across the board.
- More personalized sharing: Supporting 70+ languages and 300+ services, the latest sharing tools are optimized to show the right services, at the right time, to the right users. If a reader is more likely to share on Twitter vs. Facebook, AddThis will position Twitter higher in the sharing menu.
“Sharing, like search, is one of the key indicators of consumer intent on the Internet,” said Ramsey McGrory, CEO of AddThis. “The breadth and depth of our presence on the web gives us a unique perspective into the social habits and preferences of consumers. We apply these insights to create more effective and efficient social solutions for publishers and brands, essentially making social engagement easier for users.”
For more details on the on the update, please visit the AddThis blog here.
AddThis is the leader in socially connecting publishers, services and advertisers to audiences on the open web. Reaching more than 1.3 billion unique users monthly, AddThis’ social tools and analytics are used on more than 14 million unique domains to distribute and track digital content such as web pages, widgets, and videos to social networks, bookmarking sites, blogs, and more. AddThis’ proprietary XGraph data technology processes 70 percent of the world’s web traffic to deliver real-time insights, data-driven tools, and high-performing audience products. Visit addthis.com to learn more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than