Ad Week 2012 Preview: Putting the ‘AWE’ in Awesome
It’s that time again where the world’s leading advertising industry giants are set to descend on Manhattan to talk shop, sip scotch and share insights about the latest trends in digital, print, mobile, social and entertainment. This year, technology will take center stage throughout the trade conferences, industry sessions and evening events that comprise the week long event.
2012 marks the ninth edition of Ad Week and the event will feature guest appearances by Frank Abagnale, Naomi Campbell, Pete Cashmore, Whoopi Goldberg, Frank Cooper, Arianna Huffington, and Chris Hardwick.
New to the Ad Week lineup is the addition of the Advertising Week Experience (AWE), a showcase of leading edge technologies that are reshaping the industry as we know it. AWE features a blend of established technologies from players like Adobe, AT&T, LG and Microsoft, which is set to premier Windows 8 at the event, and a plethora of exciting new start-ups in the digital space.
“With the role of technology now more important than ever, decision-makers need to learn the latest and greatest or perish,” said Bob Greenberg, former Panasonic CMO and Chief Curator of AWE. “To say ahead of the competition, they need a deep understanding [of technology] and insight on ways to better engage their customers.”
Here is the scoop on some of the week’s events that shouldn’t be missed:
- Bloomberg’s Leadership Summit features top brass from Catalina, CBSi, Havas, Pepsi, Time Warner Cable and Tumblr.
- Whoopi Goldberg leads Tribeca Film Festivals’ “The Future of Film” joined by filmmaker Fisher Stevens, ESPN and GE.
- “Under the Influence: The Convergence of Media and Influence” sessions redefine how advertisers and consumer communicate. With Facebook, Fast Company, Kraft, Mashable, MediaVest, MTV, Twitter and Social Ad Company RadiumOne.
- NY Times CEO Summit features iconic Rao’s owner Frank Pellegrino, with industry luminaries Tim Armstrong, Bob Greenberg, Laura Lang, Dan Rosensweig and Josh Sapan.
- Funkmaster Flex, Rita Ora, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco and Friars Club “RoastMaster” Jeffrey Ross all perform live.
- Nile Rodgers hits the “High Notes of Creativity” with Draftfcb and Billboard.
- Paul Lavoie’s “La Table de Cuisine” opens the first-ever Advertising Week Film Festival.
- Arianna Huffington tops AT&T AdWorks “CEO Connectors.”
- Fast Company & The Lighthouse Company’s Talent Summit features Bill Morris, Director of Olympic Ceremonies London 2012 and Paradigm Head of Personal Appearances Ed Micone.
- MediaPost’s OMMA suite of thought leadership programs sweep back into Advertising Week.
- Tumblr and AMC Networks dial back to the Mad Men era for the GeneratioNext Wrap Party at BB King’s.
Whew! Are you ready? We are and will see you there!
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use