Ad Week 2012 Preview: Putting the ‘AWE’ in Awesome
It’s that time again where the world’s leading advertising industry giants are set to descend on Manhattan to talk shop, sip scotch and share insights about the latest trends in digital, print, mobile, social and entertainment. This year, technology will take center stage throughout the trade conferences, industry sessions and evening events that comprise the week long event.
2012 marks the ninth edition of Ad Week and the event will feature guest appearances by Frank Abagnale, Naomi Campbell, Pete Cashmore, Whoopi Goldberg, Frank Cooper, Arianna Huffington, and Chris Hardwick.
New to the Ad Week lineup is the addition of the Advertising Week Experience (AWE), a showcase of leading edge technologies that are reshaping the industry as we know it. AWE features a blend of established technologies from players like Adobe, AT&T, LG and Microsoft, which is set to premier Windows 8 at the event, and a plethora of exciting new start-ups in the digital space.
“With the role of technology now more important than ever, decision-makers need to learn the latest and greatest or perish,” said Bob Greenberg, former Panasonic CMO and Chief Curator of AWE. “To say ahead of the competition, they need a deep understanding [of technology] and insight on ways to better engage their customers.”
Here is the scoop on some of the week’s events that shouldn’t be missed:
- Bloomberg’s Leadership Summit features top brass from Catalina, CBSi, Havas, Pepsi, Time Warner Cable and Tumblr.
- Whoopi Goldberg leads Tribeca Film Festivals’ “The Future of Film” joined by filmmaker Fisher Stevens, ESPN and GE.
- “Under the Influence: The Convergence of Media and Influence” sessions redefine how advertisers and consumer communicate. With Facebook, Fast Company, Kraft, Mashable, MediaVest, MTV, Twitter and Social Ad Company RadiumOne.
- NY Times CEO Summit features iconic Rao’s owner Frank Pellegrino, with industry luminaries Tim Armstrong, Bob Greenberg, Laura Lang, Dan Rosensweig and Josh Sapan.
- Funkmaster Flex, Rita Ora, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco and Friars Club “RoastMaster” Jeffrey Ross all perform live.
- Nile Rodgers hits the “High Notes of Creativity” with Draftfcb and Billboard.
- Paul Lavoie’s “La Table de Cuisine” opens the first-ever Advertising Week Film Festival.
- Arianna Huffington tops AT&T AdWorks “CEO Connectors.”
- Fast Company & The Lighthouse Company’s Talent Summit features Bill Morris, Director of Olympic Ceremonies London 2012 and Paradigm Head of Personal Appearances Ed Micone.
- MediaPost’s OMMA suite of thought leadership programs sweep back into Advertising Week.
- Tumblr and AMC Networks dial back to the Mad Men era for the GeneratioNext Wrap Party at BB King’s.
Whew! Are you ready? We are and will see you there!
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- GSMA (Groupe Speciale Mobile Association) Sees Mobile Booming by 1 Billion New Subscribers
- Sizmek’s Picks: Ads of the Week for Feb. 23-27
- Mobile Shopping Survey & “Devices and Demographics: Q4 2014″ from Fluent
- Social Engagement: The New Ad Metric For Millennials
- Crossing the Channel Part 3: Ad Viewability as the New Currency