YouTube, the world’s leading video community, has partnered with digital specialists Rightster and international sports media rights agency MP & Silva to bring the best of international football content to YouTube.
This partnership creates a new football channel on YouTube, Love Football, which will include highlights from Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue 1, U.S. Major League Soccer, Brazil’s Serie A and the Championship, FA Cup and Capital One Cup from England.
YouTube audiences can now access some of the best footballing action from around the world. In addition, Love Football offers fans the ability to subscribe to content on YouTube from their favorite leagues. Clips of interviews with players and managers, documentaries and behind-the-scenes footage are also part of the channel offer.
Stephen Nuttall, Senior Director, Sports, YouTube EMEA, says: “We’re delighted to be able to offer content from Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1 and other international leagues to YouTube’s passionate football community around the world. Our ambition is to establish YouTube as a destination for goals and highlights and this deal adds another top league to YouTube’s football offer.”
Andrea Radrizzani, Group CEO, MP & Silva, says: “Launching Love Football on YouTube is an extremely exciting project for us. In addition to highlights clips our new channel gives us the ability to stream live sports content. We can now for the first time engage directly with consumers and football fans on a global scale.”
Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO of Rightster, says: “We’re delighted to be supporting MP & Silva with the exciting launch of the LoveFootball Channels on YouTube. The YouTube platform now has many amazing new features that sports fans will love. Rightster’s audience development team in London and New York have already been busy working to alert fans and build the loyal and passionate subscriber base these channels deserve. For the first time, Rightster provides MP & Silva with centralised visibility and control of all its sports rights, including complex geographic restrictions and release windows, across both YouTube and all other platforms and publishers – allowing them to do the best possible job for each League.”
Italian Serie A
The partnership includes the following content:
- A 1-minute goal clip of every goal scored.
- A 3-minute highlight clip of every match.
- Serie A Show, a weekly highlights and news programme.
- Daily news updates from Serie A.
- A weekly preview show, Total Italian Football.
- Rivals: 40 episodes.
- Highlights will be available no more than 3 hours after the end of the match.
- All goals will be available within 5 hours of the end of the match.
- The content will be available worldwide, excluding Italy.
The deal also includes highlights to:
- Ligue 1, France (available in Europe (except France and Spain), Asia, Sub-saharan Africa, Oceania).
- Championship, England (available in Asia).
- Capital One Cup, England (available in Asia).
- FA Cup, England (available in Asia [ excluding Thailand] and available in selected European countries: Germany, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland).
- Major League Soccer, USA (available worldwide, excluding USA, Canada, Mexico).
- Brazilian Serie A (available immediately in France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar and in the UK, Ireland from 2013).