GeoEdge Ltd. today issued a new report on the advertising strategies deployed on websites for popular news blogs TechCrunch and Mashable to illustrate the power of the GeoEdge advertising visibility platform.
GeoEdge Analytics takes global visibility to the next level by leveraging the reach of their global proxy network and combining it with a powerful Business Intelligence engine. This allows publishers, ad networks and media buyers to capture and analyze any ad displayed on any website around the globe for analysis and optimization.
Insights from the report include:
- The homepages of news websites TechCrunch and Mashable were tracked for a 3-week period from June 20-July 10 and both URLs were sampled from 51 geo-locations with 25 in the United States as well as the European Union, Canada and Argentina.
- Mashable (1196 advertisers) had over four times the number of advertisers than TechCrunch (266 advertisers).
- Mashable (1921 campaigns) ran more than four times the number of campaigns as TechCrunch (463 campaigns).
- TechCrunch works with the Advertising.com ad network while Mashable favors DoubleClick.
- 67 advertisers including Apple, AT&T, Ford and ING Direct advertise on both Mashable and TC.
- According to data gathered by GeoEdge, Mashable is extremely effective at geo-targeting ads to specific locations while TechCrunch is doing little to no geo-targeting.
GeoEdge analyzes the same web page from many different locations and tracks changes in how this page and ads are displayed for different users. Any banner is automatically categorized to ensure its quality. Once a malicious ad is identified, an alert is immediately generated with the ad’s data and screenshots.
In May 2012, GeoEdge announced the latest release of GeoEdge Analytics to provide powerful data to view, monitor and optimize publishers’ online advertising campaigns. GeoEdge continuously monitors websites from all over the world, including 52 U.S. states, capturing and analyzing all banners to ensure compliance rules are not breached.
Features of GeoEdge Analytics:
- For the first time, publishers and ad networks can see all the ads that are running on any website to any user, any country, by any ad network.
- GeoEdge servers are spread in more than 100 locations worldwide, including 28 U.S. cities/DMAs and will capture any ad that is targeted to any Geo location around the world – Online and Mobile.
- Ads are analyzed to reveal the full delivery path starting from the advertiser, ad network(s), exchange and campaign landing pages. The system identifies delivery inefficiencies to maximize publishers’ revenues.
- See top advertisers on your competitors’ sites.
“This report highlights the deep capabilities of our GeoEdge Analytics platform,” said Amnon Siev, VP of Products at GeoEdge. “Now website publishers have an easy-to-use tool to view all the ads that are running on their websites to optimize performance and ensure compliance rules in real-time around the globe. This kind of analysis allows websites to view competitor advertising strategies for counter-strategies and future campaigns.”