ADOTAS – In spite of the fact that we haven’t seen so many automatic “out of office” reply emails in months (not a surprise, with a federal holiday falling conveniently at the midpoint of the week), there are some companies out there that have made some high-level hires this week (not to mention a couple that made such hires last week, of which we’ve been alerted since the last time we assembled a “Welcome Aboard” column). And so, here it is — the list that marks the unofficial start of the weekend:
• Artificial intelligence advertising services provider Rocket Fuel has named Scott Spaulding vice president of sales. This announcement came on the heels of Rocket Fuel landing $50 million in new funding last week. Spaulding comes most recently from Technorati Media, where he was senior vice president of global sales.
• Advertising tech company TruEffect announced two executive hires: Robert Rust has been named vice president of engineering, and Dane Elliott is now director of analytics. Rust had previously worked with Global Healthcare Exchange, Corporate Express, MatchLogic, Bankers Trust and EDS. Elliott has worked with Telepop, ActiveVideo Networks, Starz Entertainment and other companies.
• Brand personalization firm dunnhumbyUSA also announced two executive appointments. Allen Mason, who’d most recently been Procter and Gamble’s brand and digital marketing leader for Gillette and Swiffer, has been named vice president of analysis, strategy and planning. And Leslie Liss, who’d most recently served as vice president for customer insights and strategy at PepsiCo, is now vice president of manufacturer commercial solutions.
• Eric Hadley was named senior vice president for partner solutions and ad trade marketing for the Weather Channel Companies. He had previously spent a total of 11 years, in two separate stints, at Microsoft, where he’d most recently been general manager of worldwide marketing for Bing (prior to and during its launch) and MSN.
• Arnaud Collin is now CMO of catalog shopping app provider Catalog Spree. The company also announced it’s grown its staff by 66 percent since December. Arnaud most recently worked with Offermatic, developing and leading marketing strategies.