Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires at Digitas, Unruly, AudienceScience, More
ADOTAS – As we do every week, we’ve scrolled through the ADOTAS editorial inbox for all the announcements of high-level industry hires we’ve received this week. Technology companies, agencies, major publishers — they’re all represented here. Congrats to all:
• Social video advertising technology platform provider Unruly named Laura Gaffney its vice president of business development. She joins from NetShelter Technology Media, where she oversaw the company’s publisher network and created and managed its non-direct revenue unit.
• Integrated brand agency Digitas has named Gerry Bavaro senior vice president of performance media, which means he’ll be leading up the company’s Performance Media capability. Bavaro had previously been managing director and vice president of strategy at Resolution Media.
• Nishat Mehta is now executive vice president of global partners for brand personalization firm dunnhumby Ltd. He comes from MicroStrategy, where he’d worked for 15 years, most recently as vice president for social intelligence.
• Jason Smith has been named vice president and creative director at agency Moses Anshell. Previously, he’d been with Engine Company 1.
• In-app mobile ad network AdColony announced three executive hires: Mike Owen has been named chief revenue officer, Ty Heath chief technology officer and Abe Pralle vice president of technology. Owen had previously been senior manager of iAd at Apple, Heath CEO and network specialist for Plasmaworks and Pralle senior engineer at Plasmaworks.
• Digital marketing agency Organic has hired former Publicis Modem/Riney San Francisco managing director Drew Meyers for the position of senior vice president, client services lead, and former Razorfish London creative director Chris Jones as executive creative director.
• Audience development company Alphabird announced a pair of high-level hires: Edward Noel was named chief media officer, and Scott Carlton is now vice president of traffic control. Noel had previously created and executed strategic vision and planning for Lycos properties, while Carlton had developed client services and led a malware investigation team at Adometry and Click Forensics.
• Activity advertising technology company appssavvy has hired three sales executives. David Lavine has been named senior vice president of sales, West Coast; Scott Sklar has been named senior sales director, East/Midwest; and Channing Gardiner was named sales director, Midwest. Lavine comes from Adconion Media Group, where he’d been vice president of West Coast sales. Sklar had previously been regional sales manager at CBS Interactive. Gardiner had most recently been national account manager for Farm Journal Media.
• Angela Vasquez has been named chief financial officer for search marketing and analytics firm Adlucent. She had most recently held the same position at Hospice Source.
• Intent-based advertising network LocalResponse has hired Jennifer Bennett, formerly mobile head of display for technology accounts at Google/AdMob, to lead regional sales in its new San Francisco office as head of West Coast sales. The company also named Invite Media founder Nat Turner to its advisory board.
• Calvin Lui is now president and chief strategy officer of social advertising technology provider UNIFIED. He had previously been president and CEO and Tumri.
• Digital marketing technology company AudienceScience has named Mike Peralta its president. He’d most recently been chief revenue officer at MediaMath, and had also held executive roles at Tumri, Magnetic and Advertising.com.
• Digital advertising startup SocialVibe announced three executive appointments. John Capano, former senior vice president of digital strategy at Wunderman, has been named the company’s CMO. Brett Lofgren, formerly Epic Media Group’s CRO, has taken the same role at SocialVibe. And Bob Lonigro, former vice president of media sales at Blue Noodle, has joined as senior vice president of sales.
• The New York Times has promoted Todd Haskell and Andy Wright to group vice presidents of advertising. Haskell had previously been vice president of business development and Wright vice president of advertising.
• Former Conde Nast integrated marketing director Tamara Noble has joined Publishers Clearing House Digital and director of marketing and sales.
- Pingback from News about covario issue #1 | SEO Software News
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and