Marketfish Launches Detailed Conversion Tracking Feature for Email Marketing
ADOTAS – List marketing lead generation platform Marketfish announced a new conversion tracking feature today that aims to push beyond metrics of opens and click-throughs, and to incorporate metrics around cost per click and cost per open, while also calculating ROI and tracking a campaign’s cost per action. It’s an automated, real-time system designed to lighten the load for marketers, so they don’t have to make such calculations by hand, and to help marketers explain more clearly to non-marketers whether and to what degree their list campaigns are producing the desired effect.
In a phone conversation last week, Marketfish CEO Dave Scott said his own experiences played into the development of this technology. In the boardrooms of other companies he’d worked for, he explained, “they never talked my language. They never asked what the open rate was.” He found himself, he said, using “obscure terms” in order to “prove my value as a CMO.” It’s not an issue unique to his own experiences, or a new issue at all, he explained. “I think it’s historical,” he explained. He referenced the era of Mad Men, when the mentality was, as he put it, “We’re going to spend a million dollars, and the return will be zero — or 100 percent.” Marketfish’s conversion tracker, he explained, is a way of explaining the specifics of what’s working in a campaign, to perhaps avoid a situation where the CMO is accountable simply for the net results at the end of a campaign.
Scott explained that the tracker implements tracking tags within the Marketfish platform, as well as a DoubleClick tag on the web page. A marketer can then, he said, “track the overall value of your campaign through Marketfish. It gives you some real value, immediately.” The ROI calculator is designed to generate an estimated CPA once the marketer has entered his or her expected CPA and CTR, and the DoubleClick partnership offers a way to measure the performance of an email campaign alongside the performance of a display campaign.
As Scott described it, these metrics are intended to translate the marketer’s work into something more broadly understandable, but they also lay out just what stats the rest of the boardroom should be looking at. “Lead gen and email marketing in general should be more accountable,” he said. “Gone are the days you could go in and ask for a $30 million branding budget.”
- Pingback from Marketfish Launches Detailed Conversion Tracking Feature for … « How Make Money Online Blog
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s