Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More
ADOTAS - It seems as though HR has been less busy in processing new executive hires this week than in the last few weeks, but nonetheless, the announcements we’ve seen indicate some significant changes for some quite prominent companies. Per usual, here’s our weekly summary of high-level hires and promotions (that we heard of) over the past week. Have we missed anything? Let us know.
• BlackBerry parent company Research in Motion (RIM) named Frank Boulben its CMO and Kristian Tear its COO. Boulben, in heading up global marketing for RIM, is expected to try to bulk up BlackBerry’s presence in countries where Apple and Android mobile devices haven’t more or less overtaken the market. He’d previously been executive vice president for strategy, marketing and sales with LightSquared, and RIM had been without a CMO for over a year. Tear had been executive vice president for Sony Mobile Communications, and had come to Sony from Ericsson.
• Jess Beldner has been named director of strategic agency partnerships of digital marketing hub technology provider [x+1]. This is a new position for the company. Beldner will retain her previous position as director of central sales (based in Chicago), while her new role sees her duties expand nationwide.
• Jeff Clark is now CRO of mDialog, which manages video stream for TV commercial breaks on internet connected devices. He had previously been vice president and general manager of CBS Interactive’s Entertainment division.
• Mark Netter joins digital agency BLITZ as its vice president of business development. Netter comes most recently from Urgent Content, where he’d been COO.
• Thomas E. Smith is now senior vice president and managing director of the Albany, N.Y. office for marketing agency Ryan Partnership, a division of Hyper Marketing, Inc. (HMI). He had previously led business development at CognitiveDATA.
• Precision Health Media, a company that aims to reach audiences of people who have been diagnosed with an illness, announced it had hired Mark Magnani as its vice president of advertising sales, while it also brought Tim Hanlon into its management team as an advisor. Magnani had most recently served as executive vice president for client services at Healthy Advice Networks. Hanlon advises a number of tech and traditional media companies through his consulting firm, The Vertere Group.
• European social network for business professionals XING has named Thomas Vollmoeller its CEO. Vollmoeller is currently acting CEO of the Swiss company Valora Holding.
- Pingback from Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More - topspur.info | topspur.info
Leave a Comment
Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and MoreADOTAS - It seems as though HR has been less busy in processing new executive hires this week than in [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One: [...] – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment console. This is not your
- From the Twitterverse: Xbox One Reaction: [...] ADOTAS – Here’s how the world is reacting to Microsoft’s Xbox One announcement: [...]
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]