Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More
ADOTAS - It seems as though HR has been less busy in processing new executive hires this week than in the last few weeks, but nonetheless, the announcements we’ve seen indicate some significant changes for some quite prominent companies. Per usual, here’s our weekly summary of high-level hires and promotions (that we heard of) over the past week. Have we missed anything? Let us know.
• BlackBerry parent company Research in Motion (RIM) named Frank Boulben its CMO and Kristian Tear its COO. Boulben, in heading up global marketing for RIM, is expected to try to bulk up BlackBerry’s presence in countries where Apple and Android mobile devices haven’t more or less overtaken the market. He’d previously been executive vice president for strategy, marketing and sales with LightSquared, and RIM had been without a CMO for over a year. Tear had been executive vice president for Sony Mobile Communications, and had come to Sony from Ericsson.
• Jess Beldner has been named director of strategic agency partnerships of digital marketing hub technology provider [x+1]. This is a new position for the company. Beldner will retain her previous position as director of central sales (based in Chicago), while her new role sees her duties expand nationwide.
• Jeff Clark is now CRO of mDialog, which manages video stream for TV commercial breaks on internet connected devices. He had previously been vice president and general manager of CBS Interactive’s Entertainment division.
• Mark Netter joins digital agency BLITZ as its vice president of business development. Netter comes most recently from Urgent Content, where he’d been COO.
• Thomas E. Smith is now senior vice president and managing director of the Albany, N.Y. office for marketing agency Ryan Partnership, a division of Hyper Marketing, Inc. (HMI). He had previously led business development at CognitiveDATA.
• Precision Health Media, a company that aims to reach audiences of people who have been diagnosed with an illness, announced it had hired Mark Magnani as its vice president of advertising sales, while it also brought Tim Hanlon into its management team as an advisor. Magnani had most recently served as executive vice president for client services at Healthy Advice Networks. Hanlon advises a number of tech and traditional media companies through his consulting firm, The Vertere Group.
• European social network for business professionals XING has named Thomas Vollmoeller its CEO. Vollmoeller is currently acting CEO of the Swiss company Valora Holding.
- Pingback from Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More - topspur.info | topspur.info
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than