Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More
ADOTAS - It seems as though HR has been less busy in processing new executive hires this week than in the last few weeks, but nonetheless, the announcements we’ve seen indicate some significant changes for some quite prominent companies. Per usual, here’s our weekly summary of high-level hires and promotions (that we heard of) over the past week. Have we missed anything? Let us know.
• BlackBerry parent company Research in Motion (RIM) named Frank Boulben its CMO and Kristian Tear its COO. Boulben, in heading up global marketing for RIM, is expected to try to bulk up BlackBerry’s presence in countries where Apple and Android mobile devices haven’t more or less overtaken the market. He’d previously been executive vice president for strategy, marketing and sales with LightSquared, and RIM had been without a CMO for over a year. Tear had been executive vice president for Sony Mobile Communications, and had come to Sony from Ericsson.
• Jess Beldner has been named director of strategic agency partnerships of digital marketing hub technology provider [x+1]. This is a new position for the company. Beldner will retain her previous position as director of central sales (based in Chicago), while her new role sees her duties expand nationwide.
• Jeff Clark is now CRO of mDialog, which manages video stream for TV commercial breaks on internet connected devices. He had previously been vice president and general manager of CBS Interactive’s Entertainment division.
• Mark Netter joins digital agency BLITZ as its vice president of business development. Netter comes most recently from Urgent Content, where he’d been COO.
• Thomas E. Smith is now senior vice president and managing director of the Albany, N.Y. office for marketing agency Ryan Partnership, a division of Hyper Marketing, Inc. (HMI). He had previously led business development at CognitiveDATA.
• Precision Health Media, a company that aims to reach audiences of people who have been diagnosed with an illness, announced it had hired Mark Magnani as its vice president of advertising sales, while it also brought Tim Hanlon into its management team as an advisor. Magnani had most recently served as executive vice president for client services at Healthy Advice Networks. Hanlon advises a number of tech and traditional media companies through his consulting firm, The Vertere Group.
• European social network for business professionals XING has named Thomas Vollmoeller its CEO. Vollmoeller is currently acting CEO of the Swiss company Valora Holding.
- Pingback from Welcome Aboard: Executive Hires from RIM, [x+1] and More - topspur.info | topspur.info
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]