Twitter Acquires Staff of Email Marketing Startup
ADOTAS – Twitter wrapped up a talent buy today on the team behind email marketing company RestEngine. RestEngine’s raison d’etre involves delivering targeted, personalized emails that leverage the subscriber’s social graph, and it was founded to help social app publishers communicate with their users in such a way. It’s been suggested the company’s capacities could be used in generating email digests of suggested Tweets to Twitter users, or something more dynamic than Twitter’s current email alerts. Twitter will assume RestEngine’s software and RestEngine as a company will effectively close up shop, with its current clients hooking up with other email providers, while founder Joe Waltman has reportedly declined to join Twitter. Twitter’s scale is significantly greater than RestEngine’s, and/but neither company announced how much the acquisition was worth.
If Twitter are purchasing email start ups like this, it proves that social media needs email and that it isn’t being killed off but in fact embraced.
- Pingback from Monday, May 14, 2012 - CommPRO.biz
Leave a Comment
- VisitBritain Debuts New Content Marketing Campaign That’s Anything But Dull
- The CMO Club’s Pete Krainik Talks 2014 CMO Awards and Qualities of Successful Marketing Leaders
- Hearst Magazine Expands Partnership with Acxiom to Bring Marketing Service to the Cloud
- Yahoo Fights Back Doubters with Strong Third-Quarter Earnings
- Vdopia Launches Mobile Video Programmatic Marketplace