More articles by Brian LaRue
Infographic: Can Facebook Ads Beat Google?
ADOTAS - It’s a good thing people love talking about Facebook as much as they do, because boy howdy, there are a lot of Facebook-related things to talk about this week. Today’s chatter: Search engine marketing software and services provider WordStream has released stats showing how Facebook’s advertising services stack up to Google’s Display Network. The Display Network reaches across Google properties like YouTube, Gmail and Blogger, and also across 2 million other websites varying widely in readership and content. Can Facebook — which offers half the ad formats as the Display Network, doesn’t support mobile ads and has an estimated (Facebook doesn’t release reports on click-throughs) average click-through rate of a paltry .05 percent for display ads — be bigger in any quantifiable way, or have more impact?
WordStream’s report holds that Facebook has more ad impressions, but the Display Network has broader reach (90 percent of all internet users, compared to Facebook’s 51 percent). Facebook’s revenues fell during the first quarter of 2012, while Google’s rose… barely (by one percent, from the previous quarter). Advertising rates rose 40 percent for Facebook in the first quarter of the year, while click-through rates fell 8 percent. Google offers more targeting options. All told, WordStream found Google came out on top — at least for now. How serious Facebook might get with its ad services after going public remains to be seen. WordStream took those stats comparing the two entities and created this infographic (click to enlarge, as always):
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s