Features

Infographic: Big Brands Should “Think Global, Act Global” on Facebook

Written on
May 17, 2012 
Author
Brian LaRue  |

ADOTAS – With Facebook being based in the U.S. and all, Americans might not think too much about how they’re actually in the minority on the network. The U.S. holds 17 percent of Facebook’s user base, which means the other 83 percent lives somewhere else. Social media and digital analytics company Socialbakers has created an infographic demonstrating the power of Facebook for big brands, as a platform to reach a global audience. Some major brands are increasing their fan base — and, by extension, their visibility — in explosive numbers in some countries, and this infographic breaks down who’s blowing up where. In terms of Facebook fanbases, Coca-Cola, Starbucks, Converse, Red Bull and Oreo have the biggest global footprint, but Socialbakers has also revealed the 10 countries with the most Facebook users and the brands that are making big-time social moves in each, further looking at those brands’ engagement rates, fanbase growth and total fanship. Some are moving really fast: Halls’ Facebook fanbase increased 157 over in Brazil from 2011 to 2012, and Axe grew 28-fold in Indonesia, for example. Check it out (click to enlarge):

 





Adotas Senior Editor Brian LaRue has been working in journalism in some form or another for slightly longer than his entire adult life, having won his first SPJ (Society of Professional Journalists) Award while he was still in high school. Prior to joining Adotas, he served as a reporter, editor, columnist, critic and blogger, mostly for a number of daily and weekly newspapers scattered around his native Connecticut. In his off hours, Brian maintains an active parallel life as a musician and music blogger.

Reader Comments.

No comments yet

Leave a Comment

Add a comment

Tags: , , , , and
Article Sponsor

More Features