ADOTAS – This is the time when we round up all the announcements of new executive hires from throughout the online advertising and marketing realm of which we’ve caught wind. If you’ve been to this space before, you know how it goes, so, without further ado (and, as always, if we’d missed anything we should know about, get in touch, okay?):
• SCVNGR, parent company of pay-by-smartphone app company LevelUp, has announced several executive hires, including Harald Prokop, tapped to be CTO; Mark Amabile, the new CFO; and Chris Mahl, now chief revenue and strategy officer. Prokop comes from Akamai Technologies, where he’d been senior vice president of engineering. Amabile had been Omnicom Media Group’s global CFO, and Mahl was promoted from his previous role as executive vice president of enterprise.
• Yell, the digital services company responsible for the Yellowbook directory, has promoted former CSO Jim McCusker to the position of president of Yellowbook in the U.S. That’s a new role for the company.
• Simon Ward has been named director of creative agency Ayzenberg Group. Previously, he’d been global business development director for Interbrand’s tech division, BrandWizard.
• Dennis O’Malley is now CEO of social marketing platform provider ReadyPulse. O’Malley had previously led Moxie’s Global Services and Insight division.
• Rena Shapiro has been named director of political advertising sales for internet radio service Pandora. Shapiro had previously developed political advertising business with AOL and, earlier, Google.
• Robert Schaltenbrand has been tapped as managing director for the agency Malbon Group. He comes most recently from Function(x), where he’d been head of branding and marketing strategy for the launch of Viggle.
• Mutli-faceted media holding company Gannett has promoted Saira Stahl from Gannett Digital vice president of operations and communications to the role of vice president of strategy at the company’s Program Management Office.
• Marketing/consulting firm Burdette Ketchum has signed Taylor Harkey as its new associate creative director and Diara “Dee” Sullivan as its web producer. Harkey had previously been associate creative director for Door Number 3, and Sullivan had been product marketing manager for Software Quality Engineering.