Appcelerator Launches New Development Platform, Expanded Cloud Services
ADOTAS – Mobile app development platform provider Appcelerator launched the newest version of its Titanium platform today, with the 2.0 release adding wide availability of cloud services and HTML5 support. Cloud services — which, in a phone conversation last week, Appcelerator vice president of product management Jo Ann Bucker called “the big addition to the platform” — are intended to allow developers more efficient means of creating apps without building the backend for them as, as Bucker explained, make content available for cross-platform and cross-device experiences. The cloud services, Bucker said, offer “infrastructure as a service,” with developers being able to scale and host data. That’s the most basic layer of Appcelerator Cloud Services.”
Beyond that, ACS offers 15 pre-set features, including in-app chat, check-ins, social logins, photo sharing and storage, location features, status updates that Bucker described as “Twitter-like,” discussion forums and push notifications. “You can load [those features] with a line of code,” she said. “We’ve taken the hassle of out writing code.
“We’ve traditionally spent a lot of time on really rich client-side development,” Bucker continued. With Appcelerator’s clients, she said, “Where they’ve struggled is the backside.” An enterprise company “has to get into the IT queue.” Independent companies “need services from multiple vendors, or to hire a guy.”
Bucker pointed to a couple of examples of where ACS has worked out well. She described how one company wanted to let users of an app create a shopping list via a tablet, or in some related “lean-back experience,” and then access that list via smartphone, when they’re out and about. For that company to build the backend to assure support on multiple devices and platforms “would’ve taken nine months,” she said. She mentioned “a customer that’s into logistics,” a trucking company that wanted to send push notifications to its drivers, which ACS could handle. That’s part of what the 15 pre-loaded services offer — Bucker said Appcelerator has more up its sleeve that are “a twinkle in someone’s eye or being beta tested.”
Bucker said that when it comes to in-app advertising, Appcelerator and the updated Titanium acknowledged the amount of attention that medium is receiving these days. “We have a ton of extensions [and] integrations with advertising partners,” she said. “The community had built thousands. We’d built 30.” And with ads and content alike, she pointed to the “rich experiences” afforded by apps. “It’s not just a matter of reaching, it’s a matter of engagement,” she said.
Appecelerator’s hosting a webinar on Titanium 2.0 on Thursday, Apr. 19, for which participants can sign up here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head