Infographic: “The Rebirth of Display Advertising”
ADOTAS - You’ve come a long way in a pretty short time: As this infographic from Pretarget lays out, it’s actually only been eight years since the first online ad exchange, and since then the online ad industry has changed so quickly it’s demanded new processes for buying and selling ad inventory and targeting audiences (which has demanded new terminology, as well). Trading desks, DSPs, real-time bidding — those ideas have all solidified just in the last few years, and they’ve evolved to such an extent that in 2011, 16 percent of all online display inventory was available through RTB. In fact, as the infographic points out, in 2011, only two years after RTB became widely accepted across the exchanges, RTB was serving 12 billion impressions per day. Kind of appropriate that automation has made the market grow so quickly, right?
(Update: Adnetik co-founder and CEO Edward Montes clarifies his company was not, in fact, a spin-off of Havas. While the idea behind Adnetik was hatched while Montes was working with Havas, he founded Adnetik as an independent entity after he left Havas, and he did so without funding from Havas.)
Here’s that infographic (click to enlarge):
Check out this new e-commerce technology from ChompOn for the timeline change: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9265153.htm
- Pingback from PubMatic Acquires Mobile Tech Company; Collective Hires Ebay Exec As New CFO; Lang Makes Moves At Time Inc.
Leave a Comment
- B2B Marketing Needs More Domain Expertise
- Bringing Order to Digital Marketing Data Chaos
- Yahoo’s Next Move: How the Acquisition of Flurry Amps up Mobile Ad Play
- Invest in Mobile Technologies for Increased Customer Loyalty
- Want Greater Direct Mail Success? Use Big Data to Determine Your Ideal Target Audience