Infographic: “”How Do Social Login and Sharing Affect Ecommerce?”
ADOTAS – Is the era of creating a new guest account for every ecommerce site you visit slipping into the past? Increasingly, businesses are offering users the ability to log in on their sites by logging into a social network, and increasingly, internet users are growing used to having that convenient option. (Click here for a story Adotas ran a couple months ago about a study looking at the rise of social logins and “password fatigue.”) As this new infographic from website testing and personalization company Monetate shows, the ratio of online consumers who prefer creating a guest account to those who prefer social logins very nearly flipped from 2010 to 2010. This is particularly choice for retailers for a few other reasons the infographic points out: 75 percent of online purchases never happen, because customers abandon their shopping carts, often because they don’t want to have to register to make a purchase; at least 50 percent say they share comments about products over social media, and 59 say user reviews affect their buying behavior. Might be time to add a “share” button on your site (click to enlarge):
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Is Data the Holy Grail for Mobile Advertising?
- Taking the Next Step: Launching your mobile advertising campaign
- Keeping it Relevant: Simplifying Your Mobile Marketing Initiative
- Inside Your Mobile Marketing Campaign: Are You Educated Enough?
- Consumers are Tapping into Smartphones, Why Aren’t Marketers?