Fiksu Monthly Report: App Downloads Down, Cost Per User Up
ADOTAS - Mobile app user acquisition platform Fiksu reported, in the latest of its monthly indexes, released today, that mobile app downloads dropped slightly during the month of February, while the to acquire users viewed by Fiksu as “loyal” rose slightly. With app downloads hitting record figures (6.79 million) in January, the downturn to 6.35 million in February is perhaps not so tragic — it’s still the second-highest figure in the past several months, besting December’s 6.04 million. With the January spike, one can envision countless people figuring out what they could download onto the mobiles they’d just unwrapped during the holiday season — a statement from Fiksu describes February’s number as “a more steady level.” Fiksu also suggested last month’s mild decline was in part a symptom of how appmarketers responded to Apple’s determination — announced on Feb. 6 – to get tough on robotic app installs.
Meanwhile, with the “Cost per Loyal User” index bumping up 15 percent from January, up to $1.31, Fiksu suggested marketers were ramping up their efforts, pointing toward the spring. Nevertheless, that’s the second-lowest Cost per Loyal User figure since July, January being the lowest.
You can read the full monthly report at Fiksu’s site, and charts reflecting the two indexes are below.
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed