Visual IQ Brings Together Attribution Management, Media Mix Modeling
ADOTAS – Cross channel marketing intelligence software provider Visual IQ announced yesterday it had publicly released the most recent version of its TrueAttribution 2.0 technology, which is designed to measure performance across both online and offline channels. In spite of the challenges of leveraging data from all channels in one centralized place, this product proposes an integration of the not-always-in-sync methods of attribution management and media mix modeling (read a MediaPost summary of some of the differences between the two approaches here) that continues over time rather than providing a series of quick fixes. As such, the technology is meant to take into account a consumer’s exposure to a brand’s message over search, social, email and other digital channels, as well as over “traditional” offline channels, in order to more fully judge an ad campaign’s performance.
Some of the challenges in leveraging attribution management and media mix modeling are more or less semantic, explained Visual IQ vice president for product management Madan Bharadwaj over the phone today. “If you go around to an attribution management presentation, the language is completely different” from media mix modeling, he said, “but they’re trying to solve the same problem.” To that end, he said, ”We figured out a unified approach to describing a performance report.
“What media struggles to do today is to have common currency across channels,” Bharadwaj said. “Right now there’s a lot of friction just moving dollars around.” But Visual IQ’s technology, he said — which uses the company’s TrueMetrics software, which allows for an “observation of performance” across channels to see whether, for example, “revenue was driven by TV, but harvested by search” — allows for more fluidity of revenue between previously-siloed niches and to answer questions, in one place, about all attributes of a marketing effort and to optimize a campaign and make predictions about it as data is fed back into it. “These discussions are going to be much easier to quantify,” Bharadwaj said. “We will figure out the right model based on your data — every single touch point from everyone you’ve ever touched, converters and non-converters.” The result is what he calls “a very unified experience” for Visual IQ clients.
Bharadwaj said TrueAttribution 2.0 was developed over a period of six to eight months and has been in beta for six or seven months, and he said his company is the only one around doing both attribution and media mix marketing. “We have definitely moved the market from a rule-based attribution approach,” he said.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really