Visual IQ Brings Together Attribution Management, Media Mix Modeling
ADOTAS – Cross channel marketing intelligence software provider Visual IQ announced yesterday it had publicly released the most recent version of its TrueAttribution 2.0 technology, which is designed to measure performance across both online and offline channels. In spite of the challenges of leveraging data from all channels in one centralized place, this product proposes an integration of the not-always-in-sync methods of attribution management and media mix modeling (read a MediaPost summary of some of the differences between the two approaches here) that continues over time rather than providing a series of quick fixes. As such, the technology is meant to take into account a consumer’s exposure to a brand’s message over search, social, email and other digital channels, as well as over “traditional” offline channels, in order to more fully judge an ad campaign’s performance.
Some of the challenges in leveraging attribution management and media mix modeling are more or less semantic, explained Visual IQ vice president for product management Madan Bharadwaj over the phone today. “If you go around to an attribution management presentation, the language is completely different” from media mix modeling, he said, “but they’re trying to solve the same problem.” To that end, he said, ”We figured out a unified approach to describing a performance report.
“What media struggles to do today is to have common currency across channels,” Bharadwaj said. “Right now there’s a lot of friction just moving dollars around.” But Visual IQ’s technology, he said — which uses the company’s TrueMetrics software, which allows for an “observation of performance” across channels to see whether, for example, “revenue was driven by TV, but harvested by search” — allows for more fluidity of revenue between previously-siloed niches and to answer questions, in one place, about all attributes of a marketing effort and to optimize a campaign and make predictions about it as data is fed back into it. “These discussions are going to be much easier to quantify,” Bharadwaj said. “We will figure out the right model based on your data — every single touch point from everyone you’ve ever touched, converters and non-converters.” The result is what he calls “a very unified experience” for Visual IQ clients.
Bharadwaj said TrueAttribution 2.0 was developed over a period of six to eight months and has been in beta for six or seven months, and he said his company is the only one around doing both attribution and media mix marketing. “We have definitely moved the market from a rule-based attribution approach,” he said.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Have social media platforms pinterested you in how [...] more »
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems June 19th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Nikki Frammartino routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Advertising legend David Ogilvy once said, “If it [...] more »
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data June 19th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO AND NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — [...] more »
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013 ADOTAS — Did you forget that your friend’s birthday is [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar June 19th 2013 ADOTAS -– Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Mediasmith - » Mediasmith -: [...] Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server For Mobile/Tablet Advertising NEW YORK, June
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]