Study: Social Media Riding High in Revenue Per Click
DM CONFIDENTIAL - ClearSaleing recently released its Guide to Market Leadership in 2012 online advertising study, which sets out to identify “the trends and truths that will most highly impact digital marketing in 2012, including improving conversion quality, increasing the focus on customer intent, seeking quality in display media campaigns, enhancing visibility and efficiency in downstream channels, and employing customized attribution to keep ahead of competition.” The results show the strengths of social media and display advertising.
The study had five main points:
1. Improve Conversion Quality – Drive More Revenue: “It is a simple concept – drive incremental customers and increase their revenue per order, and your business revenue will increase,” ClearSaleing writes. The company notes that conversions after social media exposure along a purchase path delivered more than $280 per order, which is far superior to the less than $100 per order for natural search. When a display ad was included in a conversion path, the average revenue per order was $206, nearly 65 percent more than the overall average order value of $135.37.
The takeaway for online marketers is that they should spend more time and effort on growing channels that create better customer relationships, such as social media. They should also pay attention to display and social media as visually and emotionally connected channels.
2. Increase Focus on Consumer Intent: Marketers need to understand their customer target’s conversion path and intent to purchase. ClearSaleing notes that when social media was present in a click path, the social media click generated $5.24 in revenue, 8 percent more than the average of all digital channels analyzed in the study, and more than 84 percent more than the mark achieved from natural search. “Continue to refine your social marketing aptitude and create compelling, two-way conversations with consumers in that channel to see the most significant growth.”
3. Seek Quality in Display Media Campaigns: Premium publishers starting new customer conversations reap rewards, according to ClearSaleing. These publishers boast an “introducer rate” (the ability to introduce and start new customer conversations – advertising interactions starting new purchase paths) of about 8.4 percent, about four times the mark for demand-side platforms.
4. Enhance Visibility and Efficiency in Downstream Channels: ClearSaleing saw that paid search, natural search, comparison shopping engines and email all saw a lift in order credit compared to the last ad order credit.
5. Employ Customized Attribution — Keep Ahead of Competition: For “wise” online marketers, the time has come to plan, analyze and optimize through a comprehensive attribution program, according to ClearSaleing.
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than