Report: Facebook Timeline for Brands Coming This Month
ADOTAS – According to a report from Ad Age, Facebook will be rolling out Timeline profile pages for brands during the month of February. Ad Age cites information the publication learned from Facebook execs, who had been briefed on those plans.
The Timeline feature has been in effect for users who’ve wanted to try it out since September, with varied reactions from users — while many certainly expressed confusion with the setup when their profiles switched over to Timeline seemingly without their input, many others opted in months before it became a widespread feature. It’s still not universal yet for Facebook users.
Ad Age reports Timeline for brands will begin in beta and roll out gradually, in a series of stages, the timing of which has not yet been elaborated upon. Facebook vice president for managing and business partnerships David Fischer said the brands’ Timeline would be “consistent” with that of individual users, but not exactly the same.
Much of the remainder of the discussion of what Timeline for brands will look like remains conjecture. A recent Adotas feature written by representatives of the Ayzenberg Group makes the argument that Timeline was an excellent avenue for brands all along, via its capacity for “visual storytelling,” its potential for laying out the legacy of a long-standing brand, the ways it’s eliminated some of the barriers between brand and “fan,” and for a handful of other reasons — for reference, read it here.
- Pingback from Facebook Rolls Out Timeline for Pages
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really