Report: Facebook Timeline for Brands Coming This Month
ADOTAS – According to a report from Ad Age, Facebook will be rolling out Timeline profile pages for brands during the month of February. Ad Age cites information the publication learned from Facebook execs, who had been briefed on those plans.
The Timeline feature has been in effect for users who’ve wanted to try it out since September, with varied reactions from users — while many certainly expressed confusion with the setup when their profiles switched over to Timeline seemingly without their input, many others opted in months before it became a widespread feature. It’s still not universal yet for Facebook users.
Ad Age reports Timeline for brands will begin in beta and roll out gradually, in a series of stages, the timing of which has not yet been elaborated upon. Facebook vice president for managing and business partnerships David Fischer said the brands’ Timeline would be “consistent” with that of individual users, but not exactly the same.
Much of the remainder of the discussion of what Timeline for brands will look like remains conjecture. A recent Adotas feature written by representatives of the Ayzenberg Group makes the argument that Timeline was an excellent avenue for brands all along, via its capacity for “visual storytelling,” its potential for laying out the legacy of a long-standing brand, the ways it’s eliminated some of the barriers between brand and “fan,” and for a handful of other reasons — for reference, read it here.
- Pingback from Facebook Rolls Out Timeline for Pages
Leave a Comment
- Time Inc.’s Viant to Acquire Adelphic; Impact Radius Unveils ‘Media Partner Discovery’; Finalists for 2017 The Connected Marketer Institute Excellence Awards
- 7 Predictions About App Marketing
- Fluent’s 2017 Devices and Demographics Report
- Healthy Lifestyle: Online’s Greatest Hits
- Adjust Says: Click Injection Fraud To Become Dominant Woe for Mobile Marketers