Online Campaign Optimization: Five Essential Solution Features
ADOTAS - Managing online campaign data used to be a much simpler task. Old-school campaigns produced less data, and the information they generated tended to reside in a fairly uniform format in data centers. Today, there is a profusion of data from a variety of sources. A typical campaign runs on several channels, generates data across multiple platforms and involves numerous partners — with each potentially using unique metadata definitions and storing information in a variety of web-based repositories. Adding third-party verification and cross-campaign analytics to the mix complicates the task of data analysis even further.
However, the data today’s campaigns produce is capable of providing unparalleled consumer insights. Marketers and advertisers rightly recognize its value, realizing that the information it contains can help them refine campaigns and develop relevant product and service offerings that generate new revenue. The challenge is to find a solution that enables marketers and advertisers to simplify complex data — to cut through the volume at scale, make sense of a variety of metadata definitions and process third-party information and cross-campaign analysis to gain actionable insights.
There are a number of online campaign data management solutions available,many purporting to offer a method to simplify complex data and extract actionable insights. Those contemplating a data management partnership to optimize their online campaigns should ensure that the solution they choose has the following features:
• Integration: The solution should present integrated data via a single interface that manages all data sources and sets. Integration is key since the use of different meta-data definitions and data sets can be challenging to interpret.
• Automation: An ideal solution should run automatically without requiring user intervention. An automated solution requires fewer resources.
• Autonomic/Fault-Tolerant: Because data is time-sensitive and constantly changing, the solution should be self-healing and able to manage problems with minimal disruption via auto-correct tools. The solution should automatically identify and address issues from a variety of sources, including hardware, software and interface disruptions, for seamless data recovery.
• Adaptable: Since metadata definitions and data-set formats can change, the solution should be able to quickly adapt to new input. This provides a broadly applicable solution that continues to deliver value.
• Extensible: Campaign needs evolve, so the solution should be capable of easily extending to include new data sources and data sets. Extensibility empowers users to adapt to changing conditions on the fly.
When evaluating online campaign data management solutions, marketers and advertisers should not lose sight of the fact that their data is an extremely valuable asset. The quality of the solution they choose can make the difference between fully utilizing the data generated and losing valuable insights due to volume overload and data complexity. Therefore, choosing the right solution is critical.
In addition to the five solution features outlined above, those seeking new online campaign optimization strategies should consider choosing a solution that is scalable to adapt to their digital media operation as it grows. It is also important to choose a solution partner who is willing to work closely with the in-house team to gain a comprehensive understanding of business goals and to approach customers with the flexibility they need to respond to changing business conditions. The right solution — delivered by the right partner — can be a crucial factor in online campaign management success.
- Pingback from Operative’s Monday Mashup 3/5/12 | Operative Blog
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than