More articles by Satnam Singh Gandhi
Online Campaign Optimization: Five Essential Solution Features
ADOTAS - Managing online campaign data used to be a much simpler task. Old-school campaigns produced less data, and the information they generated tended to reside in a fairly uniform format in data centers. Today, there is a profusion of data from a variety of sources. A typical campaign runs on several channels, generates data across multiple platforms and involves numerous partners — with each potentially using unique metadata definitions and storing information in a variety of web-based repositories. Adding third-party verification and cross-campaign analytics to the mix complicates the task of data analysis even further.
However, the data today’s campaigns produce is capable of providing unparalleled consumer insights. Marketers and advertisers rightly recognize its value, realizing that the information it contains can help them refine campaigns and develop relevant product and service offerings that generate new revenue. The challenge is to find a solution that enables marketers and advertisers to simplify complex data — to cut through the volume at scale, make sense of a variety of metadata definitions and process third-party information and cross-campaign analysis to gain actionable insights.
There are a number of online campaign data management solutions available,many purporting to offer a method to simplify complex data and extract actionable insights. Those contemplating a data management partnership to optimize their online campaigns should ensure that the solution they choose has the following features:
• Integration: The solution should present integrated data via a single interface that manages all data sources and sets. Integration is key since the use of different meta-data definitions and data sets can be challenging to interpret.
• Automation: An ideal solution should run automatically without requiring user intervention. An automated solution requires fewer resources.
• Autonomic/Fault-Tolerant: Because data is time-sensitive and constantly changing, the solution should be self-healing and able to manage problems with minimal disruption via auto-correct tools. The solution should automatically identify and address issues from a variety of sources, including hardware, software and interface disruptions, for seamless data recovery.
• Adaptable: Since metadata definitions and data-set formats can change, the solution should be able to quickly adapt to new input. This provides a broadly applicable solution that continues to deliver value.
• Extensible: Campaign needs evolve, so the solution should be capable of easily extending to include new data sources and data sets. Extensibility empowers users to adapt to changing conditions on the fly.
When evaluating online campaign data management solutions, marketers and advertisers should not lose sight of the fact that their data is an extremely valuable asset. The quality of the solution they choose can make the difference between fully utilizing the data generated and losing valuable insights due to volume overload and data complexity. Therefore, choosing the right solution is critical.
In addition to the five solution features outlined above, those seeking new online campaign optimization strategies should consider choosing a solution that is scalable to adapt to their digital media operation as it grows. It is also important to choose a solution partner who is willing to work closely with the in-house team to gain a comprehensive understanding of business goals and to approach customers with the flexibility they need to respond to changing business conditions. The right solution — delivered by the right partner — can be a crucial factor in online campaign management success.
- Pingback from Operative’s Monday Mashup 3/5/12 | Operative Blog
Leave a Comment
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and