Infographic: 55 Percent Aren’t Comfortable Giving Credit Card Info Via Social Media
ADOTAS – According to a January study commissioned by Digitas and conducted by Harris Interactive, the degree to which adult social media users are comfortable with sharing credit card information when driven to an ecommerce site through social media — even in a secure transaction with a known brand — skews just to the “uncomfortable” side. Of the 2,630 U.S. internet users, aged 18 and up (2,247 of whom identified as social media users), 55 percent said they would be uncomfortable making such a credit card purchase, and 45 said they would be “at least somewhat comfortable.” That suggests that as much as marketers and brands think about how social media might not only increase brand awareness but also drive ecommerce sales, there’s still some room for growth. At another point, the survey cleared up some suspicion about the currency (so to speak) they place in “likes” and “follows” — 75 percent of respondents said they’d be more inclined to purchase a product one of their friends wrote about or recommended than they would a product they’d “liked” or “followed.”
Other revelations (whether they’re surprises to you or not): Men are more likely than women to share credit card information with brands via social media, people who make more than $35,000 per year are more likely to make such purchases than people who make less than that figure, and the age 18-54 demographic is more likely to engage with brands via social media than the 55-and-up set, and male mobile users ages 45-54 are spending more time browsing on social media sites than you might think.
Digitas released an infographic based on the survey results, and here it is (click to enlarge):
There’s no doubt that F-commerce is the next step in the eCommerce evolution!
Like in any evolution process – it takes time.
We at StoreYa, see the amazing daily growth in merchants.
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]