Infographic: 55 Percent Aren’t Comfortable Giving Credit Card Info Via Social Media
ADOTAS – According to a January study commissioned by Digitas and conducted by Harris Interactive, the degree to which adult social media users are comfortable with sharing credit card information when driven to an ecommerce site through social media — even in a secure transaction with a known brand — skews just to the “uncomfortable” side. Of the 2,630 U.S. internet users, aged 18 and up (2,247 of whom identified as social media users), 55 percent said they would be uncomfortable making such a credit card purchase, and 45 said they would be “at least somewhat comfortable.” That suggests that as much as marketers and brands think about how social media might not only increase brand awareness but also drive ecommerce sales, there’s still some room for growth. At another point, the survey cleared up some suspicion about the currency (so to speak) they place in “likes” and “follows” — 75 percent of respondents said they’d be more inclined to purchase a product one of their friends wrote about or recommended than they would a product they’d “liked” or “followed.”
Other revelations (whether they’re surprises to you or not): Men are more likely than women to share credit card information with brands via social media, people who make more than $35,000 per year are more likely to make such purchases than people who make less than that figure, and the age 18-54 demographic is more likely to engage with brands via social media than the 55-and-up set, and male mobile users ages 45-54 are spending more time browsing on social media sites than you might think.
Digitas released an infographic based on the survey results, and here it is (click to enlarge):
There’s no doubt that F-commerce is the next step in the eCommerce evolution!
Like in any evolution process – it takes time.
We at StoreYa, see the amazing daily growth in merchants.
Leave a Comment
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Dave Smith: Bill: Thanks a ton for this. I couldn't agree more. But, I'd take it even one
- Social Media Marketing Tools for Small Business | mobilephonemarketingmethods.com: [...] 5 Successful Marketing Methods in the New Age of Digital Consumption ADOTAS, on Tue,
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand – ADOTAS | Iphones Store: [...] Permalink [...]
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr