Funding in Brief: $10M for Spongecell, $8M for Prolexic
ADOTAS – Rich media ad company Spongecell has raised $10 million of funding in a Series B round. Safeguard Scientifics led the round, which brings Spongecell’s total funds raised to about $14 million. Previous investors to date include Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt, Raptor Capital’s James Pallotta and Bob Pittman’s Pilot Group.
Spongecell creates display ads with interactive functions, including video and social feeds, and like a lot of similar firms, it’s particularly gung-ho about video at the moment. Though it was reportedly struggling financially just a few years ago, CEO Ben Kartzman has cited revenue growth in 2011 of more than twice its 2010 revenue (which was $3.8 million, and Kartzman hasn’t given a specific figure to the 2011 total).
The funding will, according to Kartzman, go towards expanding existing product lines and adding new ones, while building up Spongecell’s staff.
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services company Prolexic Technologies announced it’s raised $8 million in funding. Camden Partners led this round. This comes after two funding rounds in 2011, both led by Kennet Partners, netted the company $15.9 million. Camden Partners principal Jason Tagler also joins Prolexic’s board.
DDoS protection ties into a business’ continuity and disaster recovery plan, and Prolexic is rising in that niche. In a statement, CEO Scott Hammack cited 55 percent growth in the last quarter alone, and he pointed out that since the company was profitable in 2011, it didn’t technically need the funding.
According to Prolexic, the new funding will go towards building up its staff, network and services.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought
- Sean Eisner: Ho Hum--hundreds of supposed review verification marks out there already, including UK-based "TrustMark" which sounds
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record | MineralSpas.org: [...] Permalink [...]
- Michael Durwin: Another title for this article might be Advertisers Are Finding Better Engagements of Female Through