Funding in Brief: $10M for Spongecell, $8M for Prolexic
ADOTAS – Rich media ad company Spongecell has raised $10 million of funding in a Series B round. Safeguard Scientifics led the round, which brings Spongecell’s total funds raised to about $14 million. Previous investors to date include Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt, Raptor Capital’s James Pallotta and Bob Pittman’s Pilot Group.
Spongecell creates display ads with interactive functions, including video and social feeds, and like a lot of similar firms, it’s particularly gung-ho about video at the moment. Though it was reportedly struggling financially just a few years ago, CEO Ben Kartzman has cited revenue growth in 2011 of more than twice its 2010 revenue (which was $3.8 million, and Kartzman hasn’t given a specific figure to the 2011 total).
The funding will, according to Kartzman, go towards expanding existing product lines and adding new ones, while building up Spongecell’s staff.
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services company Prolexic Technologies announced it’s raised $8 million in funding. Camden Partners led this round. This comes after two funding rounds in 2011, both led by Kennet Partners, netted the company $15.9 million. Camden Partners principal Jason Tagler also joins Prolexic’s board.
DDoS protection ties into a business’ continuity and disaster recovery plan, and Prolexic is rising in that niche. In a statement, CEO Scott Hammack cited 55 percent growth in the last quarter alone, and he pointed out that since the company was profitable in 2011, it didn’t technically need the funding.
According to Prolexic, the new funding will go towards building up its staff, network and services.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]