Study: Mobile Search Is Way Up, Google Leads Search CPC Decrease
ADOTAS – The Q4 Digital Media Report from digital marketing suite IgnitionOne confirms a what a lot of folks have understandably expected: Mobile search is on the rise. Search ad spend is up. Search cost-per-click is down. Google continues to lead the search market, and there’s been an increase in both spending and impressions in Google display ads. Unless you have a contrarian streak, you probably shouldn’t be surprised.
The big reveal is in the specific numbers — especially the mobile stats. According to the report (which was compiled from fourth-quarter 2011 data and compared to past data gathered by IgnitionOne — the company’s tracked over 49 billion impressions and 1.7 billion clicks over major search and display networks since 2006), mobile search ad impressions are up 317 percent and ad spend is up 269 percent, year-over-year. Among retailers, mobile search ad spend in 2010 accounted for 5.2 percent of total paid search budgets, and that percentage spiked to 14.2 percent in 2011. Retail search ad spend peaked on Black Friday — 24 percent of spend went to mobile queries that day.
The report also declared the fourth quarter of 2011 the “best quarter ever” for search advertising, with search ad spend up 22 percent year-over-year (26 percent for retailers), and an increase of 42 percent for impressions and clicks and 67 for transactions. Cost per click decreased 8.6 year-over-year — though CPC actually increased 6.4 percent for Yahoo!/Bing. That demonstrates, the report’s abstract pointed out, Google’s success drove the trends in decreasing CPC. Google also commanded an 81.8 percent market share, and its DoubleClick AdExchange posted a 105.5 percent increase in spend.
The full report, issued today, can be found at IgnitionOne’s website.
- Pingback from Today’s in ad tech 11 January 2012 | Rutger Tuit
- Pingback from Study: Mobile Search Is Way Up, Google Leads Search CPC Decrease - ADOTAS | Adexchange | Scoop.it
- Pingback from Study: Mobile Search Is Way Up, Google Leads Search CPC Decrease « Marketing Suite « Online Contact Management
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than